Chapter 49

I heard a soft moan and realized it was me and I'd leaned into him so much that I was practically falling out of the truck and I pushed back slightly, my eyes wide as I stared into his. He reached up, tucking my hair back out of the way again and his fingers trailed lightly down the side of my face before he dropped his hands, letting them fall onto the seat, one on either side of my hips as I shifted slightly to make sure I was still solidly perched on the seat. "That was..."

"Unexpected? Sorry." He dropped his gaze and I could see him struggling to compose himself again.

"What?" I blinked at him, taking my sunglasses off the top of my head and putting them on the dashboard before I reached for him and nudged his chin up so I could look at him when I talked to him. "Unexpected yes. But no apology needed. I really wanted that kiss." I admitted, feeling a rush of heat fill my face and I bit my lower lip.

His eyes lit up as he studied me. "Oh, you really wanted it?" He raised an eyebrow at me. "You put onions on your hot dog, I wasn't sure if you were warning me off or you really wanted them."

I laughed. "You asked if I was an all-in sort of girl for my hot dog. I couldn't leave them off at that point." I said.

"I guess." He said, glancing over his shoulder to see that the parking area was still really full. "Guess we're not going anywhere for a while."

"Guess not." I said. "Good thing my mom said to call if I'd be later than midnight."

"Yeah, good thing." He said, turning back to face me.

I smiled and reached out, tugging on his shirt to pull him close again before I tilted my face up slightly and he caught on to my goal and lowered his face towards mine and our lips met again in a heated kiss. My hands fisted in his shirt, holding him in place. I sighed against his lips as his hands moved from the seat of the truck to rest on my waist.

It wasn't an uncomfortable thing.

A few of his fingers had landed at the hem of my shirt and as I shifted position, the fabric fluttered free and his fingers felt hot against the bare skin above my waistband.

And my buddies, the butterflies... well they started up a bunch of fluttering at the feel of his hands on my skin.

He rested his forehead against mine as we pulled away from each other, both desperately in need of a deeper breath. He licked his lips and I unconsciously mirrored the act. "So, you said... you're available tomorrow?"

"I am. Did you have something in mind?" I relaxed my grip on his shirt and smoothed out the fabric under my fingers. "I'm sorry. I didn't remember that I'm a grabber." I wrinkled my nose. "I Have such a habit of grabbing ahold of the shirts."

He chuckled and brushed his lips against my forehead. "You can wrinkle any shirt of mine, any time." He said. "I was going to go to a concert in the park tomorrow. Should be nice enough and it's a good band. They do covers of Maroon 5."

I tilted my head and studied him. "Maroon 5, hmm? Is that your favorite music?"

He shrugged slightly. "They get a good beat going. It's easy to dance to them. Just as easy as it is to dance to a Latin beat."

I grinned. "Santana...?" I asked. Mom had a decent selection of music outside of rock and she tended to like how Santana played his guitar.

"I grew up on Santana." He said.

"Me too in a way. If it wasn't Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams or Def Lepard or something like that, then Mom was playing Santana." I said. "And you like to dance." I observed.