Chapter 13 - Healing

The changes didn't happen over a night, or even a fortnight, but they did happen gradually, slowly. The rocky plane that their relationship had stumbled upon started to smooth with each session with their therapist, with each small gesture of their love.

It happened with Harry waking him up with a kiss in the mornings. It happened with Louis surprising Harry by bringing flowers to his office.

It happened as they tackled their past with their therapist, something they weren't ready to talk to each other about, but were adamant to not let it break them. They would talk about it, once they were both ready, once they had both healed in their own ways.

It happened when Louis tried to cook for them but ended up ruining the whole meal, and instead of being put off, Harry had smiled and asked if he wanted to order takeout. They had spent the evening cuddled in front of the telly, eating greasy food with their hands and laughing at the absolute absurdness that they had never done this before.

This evening had been similar to that one, they were both cuddled on the sofa, the noise from telly playing in the background while Louis absorbed all the new details about Harry, peering curiously at each photo from Harry's high school years.

Louis had noticed that Harry never talked about his years before he was adopted, which in itself had been news to him. He looked so much alike his mother, Louis would have never guessed that he was adopted.

"She was my first girlfriend," Harry's voice pulled him back to reality, he chuckled at the embarrassment evident on the dominant's face. "That was before I realised I am completely bent, but she helped me realise and we have been friends since then."

"Of course, you would be friends with your ex, you are that good of a person," he teased lightly, laughing when Harry rolled his eyes.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"It was one."

"Sure."

"Don't be grumpy," he cupped Harry's cheeks, pecking his lips again and again until the man broke into a grin. He directed his attention to the photo album, pointing at the picture which had had him fawning over it, "I'm sure this face had many, many admirers. Look at you, so cute."

"It did have admirers, both guys and girls," Harry smirked, "And it has only gotten more handsome since then."

"Narcissist," he shook his head, wrapping Harry's arm tighter around himself, "But since I'm the one who gets to kiss it each day, I'm the lucky one."

"If we talk about luck, I have to argue that I'm more lucky, because I get to have you," Harry shrugged, a soft smile at his lips, eyes twinkling with happiness, "...and that, Lou, I can never put it in words how much I love you. To have you love me back, it means everything to me."

He returned the shy smile, kissing the man's cheek, "You sap. I love you, too." He turned back to the album, watching as each photo told him the story of a young Harry. "Do I ever get to meet your parents?"

"Would you like to?"

"Maybe," he bit his lip uncertainly, "I guess I never thought of anything or anyone other than us. I mean, obviously you have a family, but it never occurred to me to ask about them. Is that selfish?"

Harry hummed and then shook his head once, "I don't think that's selfish. You haven't really had a normal life, have you, Pet? I can't imagine how difficult it must have-- what is it?"

Louis kept staring at him, eyes wide, "You called me pet." He laughed lightly at Harry's confused expression. "You haven't called me that in weeks."

"Oh," understanding dawned at his dominant's face, "I didn't notice."

"I missed hearing it," he shrugged, "It's been a while."

Harry closed the album and kept it aside, pulling Louis astride his lap, "I'm so sorry, baby, my dear boy, my lovely pet, my little paradise-"

"I'm not little," he argued, despite it being fond.

"Shh, I'm making up to you."

"You have nothing to make up for, Harry."

"I do, love. I haven't been a good dominant."

"I don't need you to be my dominant all the time. I love when I can simply have you as my boyfriend, too."

"But I have been ignorant," Harry sighed, "You are my priority, Louis, always, and recently I haven't done a good job of making you feel that."

"Hey, it's alright if I am the one taking care of you at times. We are more than just the roles our titles define us to be," he took both of the dominant's hands in his and kissed his palms, "You are my priority, too."

"Let's go to bed, we can see these albums another day."

"And what are we supposed to do, going to to bed so early, mister?"

Harry smirked, "Certainly not sleep."

Louis rolled his eyes and stood up, dragging the dominant by the hand, "You're a dork, good thing I've grown used to it."

"You love it."

"There might be some evidence pointing to it, but nothing on record."

"And I'm the dork?"

"Without a doubt," Louis grinned, pulling him to bed, laughing when Harry fell on top of him. "So, what was that about going to bed early?"

"Hmm, it involved a lot less clothes in my head."

"That can be arranged, I am hoping it's because you want to give me a massage."

Harry narrowed his eyes and nodded, "Of course, that's what I had planned all along."

"Good!" Louis cheered, "Go get the oil while I get settled."

"You're serious."

"Dead serious."

"Well, then, your wish is my command, Pet."

-