Chapter 7 - Tears

The two weeks flew by in the blink of an eye. White pages scribbled with messy notes was all Louis could see when he closed his eyes. He was pretty sure he had confused half of the physics and chemistry formulas, not to forget that he was positive he was going to fail; not a nice feeling when you were about to enter the examination hall.

"Relax, Pet," Harry's calm voice reached his ear. He turned to face the dominant when his hand was clasped in a larger one. "You are going to ace that test. I know it. Don't panic, just take your time when something confuses you. You will do great."

"Thank you, Sir," he smiled, his nerves calming down a bit with the dominant's words. Harry had taught him well, had sat with him for hours and made sure that Louis knew and understood everything. "I promise I will do my best."

"Good boy. I will be waiting right here for you. Alright?"

"Okay."

"Now, go and make me proud."

"I will," he leaned up on his toes and kissed Harry before entering the hall.

-

The test was conducted in two parts; three hours for the first set, a break of half an hour, then two hours for the second set. By the time they were done with the second set, Louis was pretty sure that he was about to give up. Not because he didn't know the answers, he did, and that was the problem. He knew the answers and writing them was making his hand and head hurt.

He pushed through, though. Harry's words going around in his mind. He was going to make his dominant proud.

He saw Harry leaning against the hood of the car when he stepped out of the hall. An unconscious smile bloomed on his face, Harry had kept his promise and was waiting for him. It was silly how the smallest of things made his heart flutter. Deep down he knew that the mere thought of his dominant lifted his mood because no one else had ever cared for him, no one had shown him even a hint of affection, ever. And here was this gorgeous man, making Louis the centre of his universe.

"Hey, baby," Harry greeted him with a kiss, pulling him by his waist, and Louis was quick to wrap his arms around the dominant. "From that smile, I take it your test went well."

"Really well, all because of you. Thank you, Sir," he was grateful for everything the man did for him. Sometimes, he wondered if Harry knew how much he meant to him, how in a short amount of time the dominant had occupied every waking thought and every sleeping dream of Louis.

"Don't thank me, you are a fast learner... and such a good boy," the words whispered at the end made Louis shiver. They hadn't had any sexual contact in almost a week. They kissed, sure, but it was chaste and nothing what Louis had been craving. But he knew, it was for his own good, Harry had wanted him to concentrate solely on his studies until the exam.

Louis was relieved that it was over now. He wanted to submit himself completely to the man, wanted to follow any order that the dominant gave.

"Are you tired, darling?" Harry asked once they were seated inside the car.

Louis' heart skipped a beat at the endearment, he was pretty sure he was blushing wildly, "A bit. Why?"

"I was hoping we could stop on the way to grab lunch, but if you are tired Lauren will fix us something."

"We can stop on the way," he shrugged, biting his lip to hide the smile trying to breakthrough. It had been days since they went out together. Last time, and the only time, was when they had gone shopping. He had loved that experience, to have Harry choosing what was best for him, keeping him close and protected.