Chapter 9 - Attention

His first week back to school had been tiring to put it simply. Even though he had studied for his tests for two weeks straight, it would still take a while to fall back into the habit of regular reading.

The weekend was a welcome relief. His teachers were patient and helpful to the class, and the other students were all right he could say, not that he had done much socialising, even though Harry had asked him to get to know his fellow classmates.

Andrew was driving him to Harry's office for a change. The CPO had been slightly miffed about not having his boss's confirmation before driving Louis to his workplace, but he couldn't outright deny Louis either, his request was not out of place. Usually, Andrew would take him straight home where Louis had his prior instructions to follow- change, have a light snack, nap, study, and then he would be free to do as he pleased. But Harry hadn't set any rules for the weekend, and Andrew had to accept his request.

"You could at least try to hide your displeasure, Andrew," Louis mocked him by pulling a face, "You look like someone put salt in your coffee."

"That would be better than going against what Mr. Styles has asked of me, Sir."

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "Stop with the 'Sir' nonsense, already."

"I can't do that either, Sir," the hint of a smirk in the CPO's voice made Louis chuckle, it had taken a fair amount of teasing and irritating on Louis' side to get Andrew to drop some of his stoic professionalism.

He decided not to test the limit of teasing for now, the man could decide any moment to give no regard to his request and drive him back home, Louis did not want that.

The office building did not fail to intimidate him, just like the first time. Adapting to a life outside the academy still seemed far-fetched, but was better than the hell-hole that place had been.

He smiled politely at the ground floor receptionist and made his way to the lift, ignoring the muttering occurring right beside him, he shot Andrew a glare when the lift doors closed.

"He is not going to be cross with you for this, just relax, mate."

Andrew merely shook his head and got off on the fifth floor, going back to check on the security parameters and leaving Louis to ride alone for the rest of the floors above.

It gave him a moment to collect his thoughts, Andrew surely would have texted Harry that Louis wasn't going home, the man couldn't do one single thing without Harry's explicit order when it came to Louis.

He hoped his dom wouldn't mind him visiting.

Skylar, Harry's PA, smiled at him when he reached her desk.

"Is Harry in there?" He asked after greeting her.

"Just let me check that Mr. Styles isn't on a call," she pressed a button on the dial pad and waited for her boss to answer. "Mr. Styles, Mr. Tomlinson is here... of course, Sir, I'll send him right in."

She directed him to a door and Louis thanked her before pushing open the door, not bothering with knocking.

Harry was typing away on the keyboard, glancing up from the screen once to motion towards the chair. Louis dropped his bag on the couch near the door and sat opposite to the man, waiting quietly for Harry to finish his work, giving his chair tiny swivels and suppressing a smile each time Harry frowned as the tires squeaked against the floor.

He stopped when a warning glare was shot his way, pouting at the huge glass window behind his dominant's figure. His huffs and groans of boredom were resolutely ignored. Maybe he should have gone home, he hadn't even received a kiss, what was the point of coming here.