Chapter 14; Right... army

Revised May 2015

The ground shock as a jet of energy shot out of the Tesseract and up into the sky. I flew up to where Tony was hovering as a dark hole appeared in the sky. The Chitari had already started to pour out.
"Right." Tony muttered. "Army."

We flew up to met the Chitari. Shotting them from the sky. I sent Chitari after Chitari from the sky. They started to spread out over the city. Destroying everything in sight. And I saw Thor land on the balcony of Stark tower.
"Loki!" he shouted. "Turn off the Tesseract, or I will destroy it."
"Ashlin. This really isn't the time for day dreaming." Shouted Tony as he shot a Chitari coming towards me.
"Sorry." I mumbled as I swung my sword sending another Chitari spinning down to earth.

A craft with three Chitari flew up behind Tony. One was about to shoot him when a bullet ripped through it's chest.
"Thanks." Tony called into the coms. Nodding, I continued to slice my way through the Chitari until the sound of screams and sirens cut through my deep concentration.
"Stark, we are at 3rd heading north east." Nat announced in my ear piece.
"What, did you stop for drive through?" Tony replied sarcastically. "Swing up park, I'm gonna lay them out for you." He said as he came around the corner to where the jet hovered. Nat lowered the jets gun and shot the Chitari from the sky.

I zoomed to the aid of some kids that were being surrounded by five Chitari. My feet touched the ground as I marked all the Chitari's weapons.
"Stay behind me." I ordered the kids who looked about fourteen. The Chitari came towards me. I span around. Slicing one of them at the throat, I sunk my blade into the waist of the nearest one. I felt arms grab me so tight that I couldn't move. Another Chitari came towards me and I used the person that held me for support as I lifted my legs up. Kicking the approaching Chitari in the face. I then flipped the person holding me over my head, and sunk the dagger into its flesh. The Chitari's body went still.
"Go, it into shelter." I said turning to face the kids. "Do not come back onto the streets." They all stood there gaping at me. "Go." I ordered. They ran off to a café that lay on the other side of the road. To think that only yesterday I was living a practically normal life like them. I flew to where Nat, Clint and Steve stood fighting. A massive creature passed overhead. Chitari shot out from its sides and jumped onto the building.

"Stark, you see this?" asked Steve
"Yes I see, still working on believing." He replied "Where's Banner? Has he come yet? Just keep me posted." I turned my gaze to the top of Stark Tower where Thor and Loki continued to fight. All of a sudden Loki rolled of the balcony onto one of the Chitari's aircrafts. And with that, they flew away. I span around and started to attack the two Chitari that were coming towards us. I then ran to where Nat, Clint and Steve were crouched behind a car.
"We have got civilians trapped." Steve announced as a large group of Chitari flew overhead. They were destroying everything in sight.
"Loki." I muttered as I flew up to follow them.