"I'm sorry, I can't" I say, cutting Phil off. It takes him by surprise, he sits up in his chair, folding his hand, placing them on his marble desk.

"Why can't you?" He asks.

"I can't because of my girlfriend. I can't be away from her for that long. Our relationship is doing well, I'm finally happy. I can't jeopardize that." I say softly, waiting for a judgement filled response. I want to give up touring to spend time with my girlfriend. Who does that?

Instead he gives me an understanding nod. "How about you talk to her? I'll give you 48 hours to make a decision. If I don't hear from you, we will go ahead with the tour as planned." Phil suggests.

I nod my head, letting him know I understand my side of our agreement. He shakes my hand one last time before I exit his office, letting out a big sigh.

***

As I shut my garage door, the aroma of tomatoes and various Italian spices hit my nose. The scent of garlic overpowers all the other smells. I walk into my kitchen then stop, leaning against my doorframe, taking in the view in front of me. Ellie is at the stove, wearing knee high socks, shorts and a white t shirt, an ill-advised color choice while cooking with red pasta sauce. Lana Del Ray is faintly playing in the background through the Alexa on the kitchen counter.  As much as I want to run up to her, pin her against the counter and let my lips dominate her neck, I decide agains it. Instead I stand in the doorway as long as possible, watching the scene unfold in front of me.

It's not long until Ellie notices me, jumping a little in surprise. "Oh my god, baby, you scared me." She says, lowering the volume even more on the Alexa.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I was just too busy enjoying the show." I say with a snicker. She nudges my arm slightly. She stirs the pasta sauce before putting some on the spoon, bringing it to my lips. I blow on it softly, careful not to let it splash on my shirt before taking it in my mouth. I close my eyes, letting a soft moan of pleasure escape my lips.

"That is wonderful, babe." I say, licking my lips. Ellie knows how much I love her cooking. She turns back to the stove, stirring the sauce again turning the back burner off that had some sort of long pasta cooking in it. She brings the pot to the sink, draining the pasta. I walk over to the bar, grabbing 2 wine glasses and a bottle of red. I pop it open, filling two glasses halfway. I take a large sip of mine, letting the wine coat the back of my throat. I stand at the island, watching Ellie do her thing. She sometimes tends to zone out while cooking, focusing solely on the task at hand. I find it quite adorable. She puts two oven mitts on, opening the stove. The overpowering smell of garlic renters the room. Mhmm. Garlic bread. I take my jacket off, placing it on a chair at the island before grabbing cutlery and plates to set the dining room table. I go back to the kitchen to fetch our glasses of wine. Ellie follows not far behind with a large bowl of pasta and a tray of garlic bread. She balances the two effortlessly in both hands. We plate our food, sitting across from each other.

"I spoke to Andrea." I say, breaking the silence that filled the room. Ellie's eyes light up from across the room, anticipating good news. "Her school will have an opening for a teacher the beginning of second semester. The current teacher is going on maternity leave the week of New Years, leaving a spot open." I explain, twirling a few pieces of linguini on my fork, preparing it for my next bite.

"Are you serious, Demi?" Ellie asks, dropping her fork in excitement. I nod my head. She smiles ear to ear, her eyes sparkling with joy. "Andrea said to swing by the school tomorrow and she will fill you in and give you a proper interview." I say before taking another bite of Ellie's delicious cuisine.

It takes Ellie a few minutes to calm down from the good news. But honestly, watching her so happy, I could watch her like this forever. "How did it go with Phil?" Ellie asks, putting a piece of garlic bread on her plate. I sigh. I know I have to talk to her about the possibility of going on tour tonight, but I was hoping it would be later on. I rather enjoy this tie with Ellie, without worrying about the idea of being away from her for months.

"He wanted to ask me what I thought about going on tour after the album is released." I say, playing with the pasta on my plate with my fork. Suddenly my appetite has gone away. I can feel Ellie's gaze without needing to look up at her.

"A-A tour?" She stutters, making sure she heard me correctly.

"Yeah." I say simply.

"Well what did you tell him?" She asks, growing worried about my take on the idea.

"I told him I had to talk to you about it. I love being on tour, but I don't think I can be away from you for so long. Not hug you, touch you, kiss you..." I say trailing off. I take a sip of my wine before continuing. "And I can't ask you to come with me, you're about to start this amazing job opportunity." I say, backing up my reasoning to why we'd be away for so long.

Ellie sighs audibly. She runs her fingers through her hair. "Let's just wait and see if I get the job first. Then we will decide what we should do. Together." She says, with a soft toothless smile.
_______________________
Dont forget to comment feedback on the fanfic and get more people to read it. thanks xx

Update 2021
Sorry it took me a few days to update. I've been busy. Let me know how you are liking the story!