~Your Voice~ [Kanan x Deaf!Reader]

Start from the beginning

You didn't notice that you let out a giggle, that was until the blonde turned her head to look at you and smiled.

You felt yourself blush lightly, if you thought she was already really pretty, then she was a hundred times prettier when she smiled.

She quickly took a pen and scribbled something down on a piece of paper and passed it to you.

'Hello! My name's Ohara Mari, it's nice to meet you too, (L/N)-chan!'

You accepted the paper, surprised. You hadn't thought anyone would do this. Smiling, you took one of your pens and replied.

'Nice to meet you, Ohara-san. I hope we'll get along well.'

She smiled brightly at you.

From the corner of your eye, you could make it that something hda fallen. Naturally, your head immediately turned to the left to find out what had fell. You found a ballpen on the floor that probably belonged to the blue haired girl.

Taking this as a chance to make a new friend, you reached down to the ballpen, in hopes to smoothly grab it and pass it to your seatmate.

However, instead of a ballpen, you ended up touching something warmer. Confused, you looked down, only to find out that you were touching someone's hand.

You looked up to see those same violet eyes that you thought looked beautiful staring back at you. You immediately felt your face boil, she was really pretty.

It took you a few moments to realize that you were still holding her hand, but when you did, you immediately took your hand back and began scribbling on paper.

'I'm sorry! >_<" I wanted to get your ballpen for you.'

Her expression softened, instead of the usual serious face she has on, as she scribbled on another piece of paper.

'No worries, I appreciate the thought. By the way, my name's Matsuura Kanan, it's nice to meet you, (L/N)-san. I hope we can get along well.'

As you read her reply, you swear you saw her blush lightly as she smiled at you.

~~~

It was the usual scene in a classroom with a new student.

When the bell rang, your new classmates immediately surrounded you, scribbling on paper to talk to you and ask you questions. Other knew how to use sign language like you, so you thought that was really cool.

In the midst of the questions, Kanan tapped your shoulder and pointed to the teacher, who was calling you over.

Your other classmates knew what was going on and excused you. You walked slowly to your teacher.

She smiled at you and applied her knowledge on sign language again.

'Since you're still new here, I believe it is quite confusing for you to navigate throughout the school. I suggest that you ask Kanan to give you a quick tour.'

You took a quick glance at Kanan, who was already staring at you. Blushing lightly, you quickly looked back at your teacher, nodding.

'I understand. I'll get to it right now, thank you.'

After giving out your reply, you walked back to Kanan who held up a piece of paper at you when you returned.

'Shall we get started?'

~~~

Who knew that that small encounter months ago would earn you three good friends: Mari, the lively blonde who you didn't expect was the school's director, Dia, the strict but kind-hearted student council president, and, of course, Kanan, the reliable and most caring person you've ever met. Ever since she showed you around the school that one fateful day, she hasn't been able to keep herself away from you. Of course, you thought this was because she was worried about you.