His Magesty

"Welcome ___," The head guard, Killer gives you a bow. "He's still asleep so please hurry and get dressed." He says, as another servant hands you your uniform. You nod and go into the servant living quarters to change into your uniform.
"This is ridiculous." You mutter, adjusting the dagger on your thigh before easing the dress over it. Killer recruited you to be the Prince's personal servant and secret guard. Today would be your first day servicing the prince. You walk out swiftly, meeting with Killer who then leads you to the prince's room. "I hate you." You whisper to Killer.
"He's not that bad." He breathes before lightly pushing you into the room. You frown, looking around the dark room before going around and opening the curtains. The prince groans lowly, trying to hide under his blankets from the light.
"Your majesty it's already late, you must start your duties soon." You tell him, going to his bed side. He pauses before peering at you from beneath the covers. His amber eyes harden with unease.
"Get out." He orders. You frown lightly before giving a bow and heading back out.
"Well? Is he up?" Killer questions.
"I think so." You shrug, glancing toward the door. Of course he was uneasy, his most trusted servant had recently tried to assassinate him, which is why you were here. Ever since the prince's parents died, more assassination attempts followed.
The prince comes at in his royal attire. Well, at least he could dress himself. "Killer, who the hell is this?" He questions, tossing you a light glare.
"Your new servant, you can trust ___ Kid." Killer tells him. Kid looks at him skeptically. "___'s an old friend of mine." He adds.
"I don't need you, leave." Kid tells you coolly.
"Too late, I've already received payment for the first month." You respond simply. Kid pauses before glaring at Killer.
"Old friend huh?" He scoffs,
"Yes. But I didn't agree to do this for free," You tell him. "It's breakfast time your majesty. You cant get rid of me, so you might as well eat."
"I'm going to be King, I'll do as I please." He growls.
"Sure, do as you please. I don't care if you starve yourself or not." You shrug. Killer face palms while Kid's jaw locks. "You still have your kingly duties may I remind you." You add.
"Killer, you're not allowed to pick any more servants." Kid sighs to the blond before leading the way to the dining room.
"Watch your tongue ___, you could've been executed over that." Killer whispers to you. You frown at him before sighing and deciding to go into harmless mode.
"I'm so sorry your majesty, please forgive my insolence. I'm not accustomed to serving under such a great man." You give a bow. Kid looks back at you with a slight glare.
"Are you mocking me now?" He rumbles dangerously.
"N-No, ___'s just not used to speaking to authority correctly." Killer responds for you quickly. "Kinda like an unbroken mustang."
"... Alright..." Kid shrugs looking ahead while you give the blond a glare for comparing you to a horse. Killer holds up his hands to you.
The day felt strained from then on. You weren't having much entertainment following the prince around and had to keep putting on a mask whenever he spoke to you. So tedious, but at least he was low maintenance. He was strict to with anyone who came in requesting for things. Not entirely unfair, but he wasn't someone to tell you twice.
Finally, the last guest had left and it was time for Kid to retire to his room. Kid rubs his neck, closing his eyes. "New servant, draw my bath." He tells you, sounding exhausted. You give a bow before going to do so. The royal bath was in many ways luxurious. A large walk in tub with a large window that overlooked the valleys behind the castle. You couldn't help but to stare out it as you prepped everything for the prince.
You turn to go out when he comes in with a chamber maid. You glance at her as she pauses and Kid goes past her. Your eyes lock with the maid's and she just smiles. "Wouldn't it be best if you bathe alone your highness?" You ask lightly, eyes not leaving the woman. Her smile falls slightly at your inquiry.
"She has always assisted me, mind your tongue and leave." He responds flatly. You frown jaw locking before going out to stand outside. You frown heavily at the wall. You didn't like people shrugging off your instincts.
'Just let him die then. You tried.' You tell yourself.
"___, please, I can't trust anyone here to help me protect him... He's not that bad of a guy... He's my friend...."
The echo of Killer's plea rings in your mind and you grit your teeth. "Screw it." You growl going back in just as the naked chamber maid sitting with Kid in his bath moves to stab him in the chest. You lunge forward, stopping the dagger with your arm. Her eyes widen just before you grab her face and force her under the water. She flailing, ripping the dagger from your defensive arm and stabbing it into your shoulder in an attempt to get free. You growl grabbing the handle of the dagger t keep her from ripping it out again.
"Killer!" You call since Kid was too shocked to move. The maid claws at your arm weakly before going limp finally. Killer rushes in with his sword drawn, freezing at the bloody water in the tub. "Get him out of here." You order, grabbing a towel and tossing it to him before grabbing another one to cover your bloody arm. You don't bother taking out the dagger, going to the infirmary.
Luckily the royal doctor seemed to know what he was doing and fixed you up nicely. "There we are Ms. ___, try not to move your arm too much for a few days." He tells you.
"Thank you doctor Law," You say getting up.
"It's not everyday I meet a courageous servant." He offers a wink. You just smirk in response before heading out. You return to Kid's room, peering in to find him dressed and sitting at the edge of his bed, head in his hands.
You frown and go over to him silently. "Are you okay your highness?" You ask him softly. He pauses before looking up at you, eyes pausing at the sling that held your injured arm. He sighs and drops his gaze.
"I really cant trust anyone now, can I?" He murmurs. You kneel down to try and peer at his face.
"Probably not. But Killer and I got your back." You assure. He looks at you unsurely.
"I don't even know you..." He breathes.
"And I don't know you. But I've agreed to help you and that's what I'm going to do." You smile slightly before standing up. "You should get some sleep now. I'll be outside if you need anything." You add before going to the door.
"___, right?" His voice stops you, making you look back. You give a nod as he looks at you. "You did good for your first day, see you in the morning." He tells you.
"Thank you." You give a bow before going out and closing the door before sitting down against it tiredly. Killer sits down next to you, removing his helmet. He gives you a look. "I... He's not that bad," You hum. He smiles and gives you a tart to eat.
"You did good. I knew you'd be able to read them." He comments. You huff and close your eyes.
"I hate them." You murmur.
"I know... Try to get some sleep now," He tells you. You nod and let yourself half drift off to sleep.