Two

Gerard walked down the street to Ryan's house, being dragged along by his brother. Mikey Way had a look of determination on his face, despite his brother's earlier protests.

"You are not missing your last highschool party to draw!" Mikey exclaimed again as Gerard muttered a soft excuse, "Ryan is already expecting you, anyway."

"Mikey, come on." Gerard scowled, "I never forced you to go to any highschool parties."

"You never had to! I actually went willingly" Mikey flashed a grin back at his brother before continuing forward.

Gerard sighed. He wasn't getting out of this one. His brother was far too enthusiastic over parties... That, or his girlfriend was sneaking over tonight and he wanted Gerard out of the house.

"You graduate in two days." Mikey spoke up, sincerely. "Friends spread around! We saw that with Pete and the guys..." A soft sigh escaped his lips, "I don't want you to have any regrets by not hanging out with everyone one last time."

"You still miss him?" Gerard asked, feeling their pace decrease in speed.

Mikey shrugged, but the look on his face said it all. A disappointed furrow in his brow. Gravity successfully pulling down the corners of his lips. That longing look in his eye.

"Maybe you'll see him again, sometime soon." Gerard attempted to reassure his brother. He knew that Mikey and Pete had been close, but never positive at just how close.

Mikey let a small smile spread on his lips. "There's always hope."

The two continued to walk along quietly until they reached Ryan's house. Mikey knocked on the door before pulling Gerard up alongside him. Gerard stuck his tongue out at his brother, who flipped him off in response.

"Mikes!"

"Ha!"

The door was suddenly pulled open. Ryan stood in the doorway with a tilted head. A floral scarf was wrapped around his neck, nicely accenting the brown vest he was wearing over a striped shirt with sleeves that went to his elbow.

"You made it." Ryan grinned, straightening up when he saw Gerard. He turned to Mikey. "Are you coming too, Mikey?"

The blond shook his head. "Nah, I've got finals to not study for." He let out a laugh as he began to backtrack away from the doorway, "You guys have fun!"

"I'll make sure he does!" Ryan replied before grabbing Gerard's arm and pulling him inside.

Gerard stumbled slightly from the sudden, unexpected movement. He managed to balance himself, however, as Ryan shut the front door. He spun around to face Gerard, gesturing to his outfit.

"How's it look?" Ryan asked, "I'm feeling very hippie-esk."

"The look suits you." Gerard replied with a laugh, "I didn't really dress up."

"Do you want to?" Ryan inquired as he moved towards his home's staircase, "We can run back by your house real quick."

Gerard laughed, shaking his head. "Mikey would murder us both. I'm good in my jeans, tee shirt and jacket."

Ryan shrugged. "Suit yourself." He gestured Gerard over, "C'mon, I've got those new colored pencils you can use on your sketches before we go."

Gerard followed Ryan up the staircase leading to the second story of his friends home. Gerard's own colored pencils had all either been worn down or stolen from his locker a week earlier. Since there was a good chunk of time before the house party one of their friends was throwing, it was nice that Ryan was letting him work on his comics and character design.