Replace

Jin-Jer took a deep breath before knocking on Trunks' door. She could hear him sniffling and it broke her heart knowing that she was the one to make him cry.

"Trunks?" she twisted the doorknob that was locked, "Open up. We need to talk." she said in a sorry voice.

"Go away." Trunks buried his face in his pillow and continued to cry softly.

"You do realize a locked door won't keep me out, right?" Trunks picked his head up to see Jin-Jer standing by his bed.

"How did you do that?"

"It's this instant transmission thing I learned when I visited some planet."

Trunks turned his head, "Goku could do that too. So it's not that impressive."

Jin-Jer knew why Trunks was acting like this. She didn't blame him. "Can I sit down?"

"I don't care." he answered, still looking away from her.

She sat on the edge of his bed. "You're just like him."

"Like who?"

"Your father. He'd never look at me when he was upset, but he would still talk." she chuckled, switching positions to look at the boys face. "And he did that exact same pout."

Trunks finally turned to face her. His face was sticky from tears and his eyes were puffy. "If you're trying to make me feel better, there's no point."

"Trunks, I'm really sorry." she apologized scooting closer to him, "I have a temper and say stupid things that I don't mean when I'm angry."

Trunks wasn't going to forgive her that easily.

"I was just really pissed about the argument between me and your mom, that I just took it out on everybody else. I care about you. And I love your father so much." Jin-Jer stammered to make sure that last part didn't come off as strange. "As a best friend, I mean. The last thing I want is you all out of my life."

Trunks rubbed his eyes clean of tears. "Why did you leave for those few months?"

Jin-Jer was caught off guard by that question. She figured he would just accept her apology and she'd leave. "I had to take care of some things." Trunks scoffed at her answer. "OK, sorry. I needed time to think. And get stronger on my own without any distractions."

"What do you mean distractions?"

"My past." she twiddled her thumbs, "I'm going to be real with you okay?" the boy nodded, "You and your father remind me so much of... Of my husband and son. And looking at you, I'm constantly reminded that they'll never be with me again." Jin-Jer squeezed her lips together to try not to cry. But her tears were noticeable. "I am so sorry about everything I said Trunks. I can't have you be angry with me. I just can't."

Trunks hugged her tightly, "I forgive you. And I'm really sorry about your family. You have us though. Maybe if you want, I can introduce you to the rest of our friends." he said excitedly to lighten up the mood. "There's Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Master Roshi, Yaja Robi-"

"Okay okay, baby steps Trunks." she laughed. "So... We good?"

"Yeah, we're good." he smiled.

"Nice." Jin-Jer put her hand out for a high five in which Trunks acknowledged. But he didn't finish the handshake. "Look, it's front hand, back hand, fist bump then peace sign." Trunks followed her movement and actually liked the handshake. "Well, I better get going."

"Are you really not allowed to visit us anymore?"

She sighed and ruffled his hair, "I don't know, Trunks. We'll see."

"On your way out, can you tell my dad that I'm going to head over to Goten's for a while? He probably wants to know if everythings okay now."

"Sure."

"Thanks." Trunks waved bye before flying off.

Jin-Jer opened the door and found Vegeta waiting patiently in the hall. "We need to talk."