More To Me

"Since there weren't any pods left, I went underground hoping it would protect me if Frieza decided to take out the rebels." Jin-Jer continued to explain her escape plan. "I found myself getting lifted away by a crying baby as I latched on to his unconscious father before the entire planet exploded. Then, I woke up alone on some random planet. I have no idea what happened to the Saiyan's that saved me."

"How come you never called out to us on your scouter?"

"Frieza thought I was dead. Why would I go back to serving him?" Vegeta nodded and looked down. Jin-Jer did sometimes feel bad about her decision by not going back to keep the prince safe. "I'm sorry I never bothered to go find you. I-"

"You risked your life to save mine." he commented, cutting her off. "You shouldn't regret any decisions you've made in the past. If I was in your position, I would have done the same."

Jin-Jer smiled weakly at the boy she used to look over. "What are you doing at a Martial Arts Tournament anyways, my prince? Surely these petty humans can't put up a fight against you of all people."

"I could ask you the same thing. And what made you come to this planet of all places?"

"I heard the food was great." she simply answered with a slightly embarrassed chuckle at the end. "As for the tournament, you need zeni to buy food. Plus, I still love to fight but unfortunately nobody here is strong enough to go against me at my full power."

Vegeta smirked, "Well, that's not entirely true now is it?"

She crossed her arms, "You want to train me?"

"It's the least I could do. But just so you know," he stared down at her, "I'm not going to take things easy on you." he smirked devilishly.

"Hey, Vegeta!" both Saiyan's cringed at the loud, obnoxious voice, "Trunks is up next in the finals." Goku informed, walking up to the duo. He bent down, to get a better look at the person he's never seen before. Rubbing his chin, he asked: "Who's your friend?" Jin-Jer squinted at the floating object on the tall mans head. It looked like a halo. She just shrugged it off as a head piece of some sort.

"Kakarot, this is Jin-Jer. She trained me when I was a child."

"Whoa! You're a Saiyan too! And you're a girl?! I didn't know there were girl Saiyan's!"

Jin-Jer's eyes twitched a bit at that stupid comment. "Did he-?" she pointed at her head, implying if an injury had taken place.

"Yeah. Exactly that."

"Oh. Are you as strong as Vegeta too?"

"Am I?" Goku placed his hands on his hips and stood tall with pride and had a goofy grin on his face. "I'm stronger than-"

"Shut up, Kakarot!" Vegeta screamed.

"Sorry." he giggled, scratching his head. "I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of..." Goku squinted at the small woman, "Jer-ard?"

"It's Jin-Jer." she reminded, showing little to no patients.

"My bad." he apologized. "Nice to meet you. I hope we could train together some time. Maybe you could spar with my friends until you get on mine and Vegeta's level!" he suggested excitedly.

Jin-Jer clinched her fists, "Did you just imply that I'm weak?!" she gritted her teeth causing a chuckle to escape from Vegeta's lips.

"No no no! Not at all! I meant... Uhh... Vegeta we gotta go or we'll miss the tournament!"

"What's so special about this round?"

"Mine and Vegeta's sons are in it."

Jin-Jer's eyes nearly popped out of her head. "You have a son?!"

"Uhhh..." Vegeta stammered.

"Yeah!" Goku answered for him, "He's also married to my good friend, Bulma! I think you and her would get along great!"

Jin-Jer took a moment to process this information. "If you all would excuse me. But I need to get back... Um... Home." Jin-Jer walked up to Goku and did a small bow, "It was a pleasure meeting you,... I forgot your name."

"My earth name is Goku. My Saiyan name is Kakarot. You could call me which ever one you want." he smiled, scratching his head.

"Right... Well anyways, goodbye Kakarot." she turned and walked by Vegeta, standing beside him. "You too, Vegeta." Jin-Jer spoke without looking him in his eyes.

After she left, Vegeta shot a glare at Goku then growled. "What?" Goku asked.

Vegeta scoffed, "Idiot." Goku followed behind the prince, back to their seats to watch the rest of the tournament.