Little Prince

Jin-Jer ran to the Prince's quarters and came to the realization that he was already gone. "Nappa! Have you seen Prince Vegeta?"

"He went to go train in the open fields."

"Alone?!? Are you insane you stupid oaf?! What if something happens to him??? King Vegeta would kill-"

Nappa put his hands up, "Hey, this wouldn't have happened if you weren't late to pick him up for his training. He sat out here waiting for two hours then finally decided to split."

Jin-Jer rubbed her forehead and groaned. "He's going to be so mad. Alright, thanks Nappa." the girl  was able to track Vegeta on her scouter and fly to him immediately. She found him in an area of ruins. Huffing and puffing with sweat dripping down his face, and his armor torn and tattered beyond repair. "Vegeta!" she flew over to the prince, jerking him around by the arm to face her. "What do you think you're doing way out here?!" she yelled, "If your father finds out-"

"Shut up!" Vegeta screamed back, tugging away from her strong gasp. Jin-Jer was shocked at his vicious reaction. He's never acted this way towards her. "You promised me that you wouldn't be late! I waited and waited but you never showed up. You lied to me!"

Jin-Jer looked down and sighed sadly. She understood why Vegeta was acting out like this. After all, she was the only one who he could ever count on. Everytime his father promised to personally train him, he always cancelled and threw his responsibility on Jin-Jer. Now she was the one who let him down. "I'm so sorry, Prince Vegeta. I overslept and-"

"I don't care! Just leave me alone!"

Jin-Jer backed away. She felt that the prince needed time to cool off then she'd talk to him later. "Okay, I'm leaving. You know where to find me if you need anything."

"Hmph!" Vegeta crossed his arms and looked away until she left.
--------------
"How did the royal pain in the ass react to you being late?"

Jin-Jer sat on the edge of the bed with her hands covering her face. "He was really mad.... And Gorelick, please don't call him that. He's just a kid."

The older Saiyan known as Gorelick rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You're letting a five year old boss you around. I mean, look at the way he talked to you yesterday in the hall. Demanding you to go train him or whatever. You need to put your foot down at some point."

"I'm his servant. It's my job to tend to his every need and demand." she explained loudly, "If you wouldn't have convinced me to stay out late with you last night, I would have never been late to pick up the prince!"

"What is your deal with this kid?"

"I've taken care of him since he was a new born. It's not my fault that I got... Ugh, forget it." she stood up and went towards the door. Gorelick fazed in front of Jin-Jer who stomped her foot, "I hate it when you do that."

He smirked, "If you ask me, I think that kid is getting a little too attached to you, Jin-Jer. If you know what I mean."

Jin-Jer felt her cheeks burn. She shook her head as if she was trying to shake her mates words out of her mind. "No no no! That's-that's just ridiculous! The prince does not have a...a....-"

"A crush on you?" he finished her sentence.

"He's like a little brother to me. Which means he sees me as a big sister. You're reading things the wrong way."

"You can deny it, but remember who you belong to."

Jin-Jer pushed her way past her mate. Not even wanting to think about the point he was trying to make. "I need to go prepare The Prince's lunch for when he gets back."

Gorelick scoffed, "Of course you do."
------------
Jin-Jer sat across from the prince at the royal dinning hall. She watched as he scarffed his food without making any eye contact with her. "How did your training go?" Vegeta continued to stuff his face. "Nappa told me that you came up with a new move. I would love to see it sometime."

The boy put his elbow on the table and rested his cheek on his hand and slumped forward, then pushed his empty plate to the side. "Quit trying to kiss up to get back on my good side." he mumbled with a frown.

"At least I got you to finally talk to me." she smiled softly. The Prince growled. "I am sorry, Vegeta. I didn't mean to let you down like that."

"Whatever."

"Hey," Jin-Jer reached over, lifting his chin up with her finger, "Is something else bothering you?"

Vegeta pushed himself away from the table, "I'm leaving to take a bath." Jin-Jer then jumped in front of him, "Get out of my way!"

"Not until you tell me what is bothering you!"

Vegeta looked down and exhaled. "I know why you were late." he admitted quietly. "I saw you with that soldier from the hall yesterday... You went into his chambers and never came out."

Jin-Jer rubbed her forehead. Gorelick was right. She picked up the short boy and stood him on the table so that now they were at eye level. "Listen, you're too young and I don't expect you to understand this, but Gorelick is my mate. In a few years, once I'm through serving you, we're going to raise a strong Saiyan elite to serve your father."

"But I thought.... You're the only one that has ever been kind to me because you care. Not because you're afraid of my father. You train me everyday, longer than what you even have to. You've even tended to me when I've fallen ill... I thought that you..."

Jin-Jer slowly shook her head, "No Vegeta. You've got the wrong idea about you and I. Your father hired me to take care of and train you until you were old enough to do things on your own. I do all this because it's my job. But I do care about you, my prince. That's why I always do more than I have to. The thing is... You're 6. I'm 16. I see you as a little brother and nothing more."

Vegeta turned on his heels and gritted his teeth. He could feel his eyes burning with tears. How could he be so stupid to fool himself like this? The Prince thought.

"Vegeta?"

"I'm not just some stupid child, you know." he spoke, with his back still turned. "I'm stronger and smarter than what you and everybody else give me credit for." Vegeta finally turned to face Jin-Jer. "When I get older, I'm going to become the strongest warrior in the universe! You just watch! That'll show you that I'm better than any mate you could ever have!"

Jin-Jer groaned, "Whatever, Vegeta." she gave up trying to get through to him. She was not about to waste her time arguing with a hard headed six year old.

"Shut up and get out of my presence." he ordered.

Jin-Jer raised her hand and smacked the boy hard across the face. Vegeta fell back because of the force she put behind the slap.

The boy held his stinging face, "What was that for?!" he screamed.

"For acting like such an insolent child!" Jin-Jer screamed back before stomping away.

Vegeta gripped his hair and screamed to himself out of anger. He ended up marching to his resting chambers and ripping off his tattered armor, then threw his boots across the room.

He drew himself a bath and tried his best to wash himself clean. After changing into his sleep wear, Vegeta looked into the mirror and ran his fingers over the still visible hand print on his cheek. The Prince sighed when he realized how he was in the wrong.

The need to apologize consumed him. And that's what he decided to do.