Proposition

Vegeta went to go find Jin-Jer, hoping that she was in her bed chambers already. He turned a corner and saw the girl walking to her room. Before he could call out her name, two guards began to talk to her then lead her to King Vegeta's quarters.

The Prince followed quietly behind them as they went to go see his father. He stood to the side of the the propped open doors, making sure that he could hear what was going on.

Jin-Jer got down on her knee and bowed, "You called for me, my King?"

"I've been very impressed with how strong my son has become under your training. I feel that once he's an adult, that he could become the strongest out of all us Saiyans if he keeps up this work with your help."

Jin-Jer was flattered by the Kings compliment but she did not like what he was getting at. She did not want to train Vegeta into his adulthood or late teenage years. "Thank you, sire. But-"

"So I have a proposition for you." he began. The Prince leaned his ear closer to the doorway. "How would you like to be the leader of your own group for missions in exchange to marry Prince Vegeta once he becomes of age."

Jin-Jer's eyes, along with Prince Vegeta's, shot open. Marriage?!? Was the King insane?!? "King Vegeta, I would love to be the leader of my own platoon but.... Marrying your son... I don't think.-"

"Perhaps I should reword things." The King leaned forward in his throne, "You will marry my son when he becomes of age."

Jin-Jer sighed, there was no point in arguing with the King. His decision had been made. "Yes, sire. Whatever you say." she regretfully agreed as if she had a choice. "It's an honor."

The Prince couldn't help the large grin that stretched across his face. Once the footsteps got closer to the door, Vegeta took off to remain out of sight.

Jin-Jer then made her way to Gorelick's room. She rested her forehead on the door and exhaled sadly before going in.
--------------
"You're what?!" Gorelick shouted angrily.

"I have no choice! It's the Kings orders!"

Gorelick was getting real sick of his mate letting the King and Prince take advantage of her. There was no way that he would let Jin-Jer go through with this. "You don't expect me to let that little tyrant steal you away from me, do you?!"

Jin-Jer threw her head back, "I don't like it anymore than you do but there's nothing that we can do about it."

Vegeta made his way down the hall and heard an argument coming from Gorelick's resting chambers. He pressed his ear to the door and listened.

"Then you need to make the kid hate you." Gorelick suggested. "Then when his father tells him about the marriage arrangement, the Prince would want nothing to do with you."

Jin-Jer felt bad about actually wanting to go through with that plan. Vegeta leaned closer to the door, anxious to hear what she had to say to that diabolical plan. "I'm getting there. I already slapped the brat. It's so embarrassing. I'm ten years older than the child! I'd rather die, than let that burden of being his wife burn a whole through my pride!"

Vegeta pulled away from the door. If she wanted him to hate her so bad that he wouldn't want to marry her, then she did a good job at it. The Prince wants nothing to do with her now. He turned around and slowly began to walk away from the room.

Jin-Jer sighed sadly, "But... I can't do that to the Prince. He may be cruel and brash but he's just a little boy... I'm not going to hurt him in such a way when all I did was nurture him his whole life."

That was not what the stronger warrior wanted to hear. Out of pure animal instinct, Gorelick attacked the prey that stood in front of him. He gripped his large hand around her skinny throat. "You're going to do as I say, and if not-" he charged up a yellow ki blast in his left hand, "The Prince won't even want to stare at your face by the time I'm done with you." he threatened, gritting his teeth.

Vegeta was at the end of the hall now. He jerked his head back when he heard a cry of distress coming from Gorelick's room. He ran up, smashing through the door. The larger Saiyan was on top of Jin-Jer, holding her by the armor, pulling his fist back, getting ready to strike the girl.

Vegeta flew and kicked the older soldier in the jaw, sending him crashing through the wall. Gorelick crawled out of the rubble, "You don't know how much I've been itching to get my hands on you, your highness." he smirked.

Vegeta got into a fighting stance. "Vegeta... Don't..." Jin-Jer coughed, "He's too strong for you..." she tried pushing herself off the floor but her aching arms wouldn't allow it. She didn't even have the energy to levitate. "You'll never win..."

Seeing Jin-Jer in this state, angered the prince to where it triggered a flame in his being to ignite into a wild fire. All he wanted to do was exterminate this parasite that harmed the only person who has ever truly cared about him. Vegeta roared, charging at the Saiyan, throwing every punch as fast as he could.

To much of the Prince's surprise, Gorelick was dodging every hit. And the punches he did take, did little damage. Gorelick grabbed the prince by his hair and swung him into the wall, creating a giant hole.

Vegeta grabbed at his hands, trying to pry them off to no success, "What's wrong, boy?" Gorelick teased, "You aren't as strong as you thought you were, huh?" he raised the boy high in the air like he was showcasing a trophy, then slammed his little body into the floor. He kept his knee on the back of Vegeta's neck, so he wouldn't get up. It was also a form of disrespect to have one of a higher class be forced under someone who wasn't. "Who do you think Jin-Jer trains with when she's not training you, squirt? I taught her everything she knows."

"I won't let you defeat me!" he clenched his fists, trying so desperately to break free. "I won't let you!"

"Just give up, already. You can't beat me."

"You don't know what I'm capable of!" Vegeta tried sounding tough. But how tough can you be when your cheek is pressed against the floor.

Gorelick chuckled sarcastically, "Listen, you're going to tell your father that you refuse to marry Jin-Jer. If you don't agree then," he applied more pressure on the boys neck, causing him to scream, "I'll kill you right now. Either way, she'll never be yours."

Jin-Jer watched in mortification as the boy she kept safe was risking his life for her. She wanted so desperately to help him, but her body wouldn't allow it.

"No..." he growled, clenching his teeth. "Nobody can kill me..." his arms trembled as he put all his power into trying to lift himself up, even with someone much stronger holding him down. "I decide when my time is up!" Vegeta released a battle cry before throwing Gorelick across the room. "And some piece of garbage will not get the satisfaction of killing me, Vegeta! The Prince of all Saiyan's!!!" Gorelick stood frozen still when his scouter began to go off the charts due to Vegeta's power increasing. Vegeta stood tall, feeling the electric energy coursing through his body. He stretched his arm out and hollered, "BIG BANG ATTACK!"

Jin-Jer shielded her face, and felt dust and rubble rush all around her. When she opened her eyes, Vegeta was standing in a pile of ash. His face was emotionless. She didn't even think he knew that he was capable of harvesting so much power.

The small woman made it to her knees, still not believing what she had just witnessed. The Prince just defeated a Saiyan elite with a move that she has never seen in her whole life.

Vegeta breathed out slowly then he too dropped to the floor. "Vegeta!" she ran up to his injured body, holding his head close into her chest. Tears began to form in her eyes. At this point, Jin-Jer didn't even care if anybody saw her shedding such emotion. The Prince risked his life for her when all she did was make callous remarks about him moments before. "I'm sorry Vegeta... I'm so sorry..." she cried into the crook of his neck as she held his body closer to hers.

Vegeta groaned weakly. That attack had drained all of his energy. His eyelids squeezed together a few times as if he were still in a lot of pain.

Jin-Jer picked him up in her arms and rushed him over to the medics. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if the Prince didn't make it... "It's okay, Vegeta." she repeated, "You'll be fine okay."