#6

(Hannah's Ring allows her to summon her suit from where ever she is...a gift from Mr Stark :D)

As Thor and Loki disappeared into the Bifrost, it had made it official. We had down our job. Our main threat to our world was gone. Jaya and Jack both walked beside me as I casually strolled down the road, hands in my trench coat pockets.

"Hey Han! Are you heading back to the tower?" Tony called out as he and Banner hopped into his car.

"Of course" I giggled lightly.

"Want a ride?" He inquired, gesturing to the back seat.

"No it's okay, I've got one" I smiled proudly over at Jaya.

"Okay, see you back there Hanny" He called out.

"Be safe please!" Bruce added as I hopped in my suit and took off at tremendous speed.

/////////////////////////////////////

"See Bruce, I told you I was going to be fine, I'm a pretty tough gal" I laughed lightly with a gentle smile as I walked through the labs towards him.

"I'm very glad you're safe Han.....but, you understand why I worry" He responded with a warm smile, his expression suddenly worried yet concentrated.

"I understand....kinda....what are you doing?" I inquired, striding slowly around the table, studying his every move.

"Working"

"No sh*t Sherlock" I laugh, admiring the abnormal concoction he had created.

"Language young lady!"

"Sorry, Tony thinks it funny" I laughed, putting my hands up

"He's a bit like that.....is something wrong?" He questioned suddenly, watching how I cautiously studied his every mood.

"Y-Yeah! Of course" I spluttered hastily. He dragged a stool beside his desk and gestured for me to sit.

"Come on, it's me....you can tell me anything," He told me calmly, his warm smile returning.

"I know I just........I j-just....." I stammer. He moved one of the tools and I flinched slightly without knowing it.

"H-Hannah, are you........afraid of me?" He inquired quietly, his expression a little hurt.

"Bruce I really don't mean too......it's just......I was on my way here and......."

"Yeah?"

"I had a dream that.......the h-h-hulk........he......attacked a public are- do you know what, never mind, I'm just being stupid......my insomnia does this to me." Bruce looked hurt. Like a puppy being yelled at. It broke my heart, but instead of being angry or upset, he looked concerned.

"How long have you had these dreams?" He questioned, sitting on another stool near him.

"I uh......"

"Hannah"

"A few weeks" I mumbled. He nodded slowly.

"And how long have you had insomnia?"

"About 3 years" I sighed, rubbing my eyes. He gently moved my hands and looked into my eyes.

"You need a good sleep. Come along" He told me, holding out his hand. I gently took it and he let me sleep in one of the laboratory beds. "If you need anything, just call my name....I'll be here," He told me, bringing a blanket and a stuffed bear in.

"Thank you so much, Bruce" I smiled.

"No problem.....goodnight Hanny" He whispered, quietly closing the door. My suit sat on a chair and powered down, and Jack fell asleep next to my feet. I closed my eyes and tried my best to sleep.

'Just....think calm thoughts'

/////////////////////////////////////

'30 minutes. That's all I asked for. But no.' I shot upright with a loud panicked yelp, a thin layer of sweat on my forehead as I panted from the panic of yet another nightmare. Visions of a future that I couldn't control, and that constant echoing of Loki's trickery. 'Of course, I am human! I....I have to be'. The door swung open quickly and there stood a very concerned Bruce. He walked to the side of the bed and studied my eyes.

"Are you alright, Hannah?" He whispered. I sniffled and shook my head slightly. He suddenly wrapped his arms around me in a tight, protective hug, one that I hadn't received from anyone before in a very long time. I melted into the safe embrace and a few tears slipped down my cheeks. My insomnia was getting worse.... or whatever this is. These visions were getting worse too.

So was I.

Bruce gently stroked my hair, resting his chin on my head, whispering calming words. I looked back into his eyes as he slowly broke the hug and sniffled. He looked like he hadn't slept much recently either. "Do you feel a little bit better?" He asked softly. I slowly nodded. "Attagirl" He smiled. As he went to leave, I gently took his hand, my eyes still closed. He stopped and turned back, taking my hand in his. "Is something wrong?" He asked quietly.

"P-Please don't leave" I murmured quietly. I opened my eyes and watched a soft smile appearing on his face. I moved quietly to the side and he lay next to me. I don't have anyone else......especially someone who protects me like Bruce and Tony. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest, listening to his calming breathing. A momentary thought popped into my mind.

'Should I be worried? Of course not.....It's Bruce......But he is the hu- Hannah, don't you dare' I snarled at myself. His hand gently came to rest on my back and he softly began to hum a quiet song. With his radiating protectiveness and calmness, I fell asleep a little while later.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*••*•*•*••*•*•*••*•*•*•

I felt a jolt from beneath my head. At first, I assumed Chica, my golden retriever, had jumped on the bed, but it was Bruce. A thin layer of sweat lined his forehead as he attempted to control his breathing. He also was experiencing a nightmare. "Bruce! Bruce!" I yelled, shaking his shoulders gently. Jack began tapping his legs and Bruce's eyes shot open, both littered with a green fire that attempted to attack his mind. "No please! Bruce! You're better than him!" I reminded him. Bruce growled as he fought and struggled against his own mind. Suddenly, his eyes went back to their chocolate brown and he rested his head back down on the bed, trying and failing to control his breathing. "Are you alright?" I questioned. All he did was sit up and wrap his arms around me in a tight hug, which he was noticeably trembling quite badly. "It's alright, it's okay" I whispered. I looked back at him and a single tear rolled down his cheek. I hugged him tightly once more and told him everything was going to be alright. I hugged him for so long, there was a quiet snoring noise and Bruce was out with exhaustion.  After many attempts, I finally coaxed myself into a small nap, completely oblivious to the havoc that would reek the tower in the coming hours...