#5

"Five miles out of New York" Jaya announced loudly in my earpiece. In shock, I jolted sharply and let go of Bruce. He latched onto my arm before I fell off.

"Careful" He breathed calmly, slowing the bike down.

"Sorry. Thank you" I responded, holding onto him tightly, trembling softly.

"That's okay, but you have to be careful..... you could've been badly hurt just then," He told me, his voice laced with protectiveness as he turned back to the road. Jaya swooped down to beside me, and I jumped. Bruce swung around in a panic, slamming the bike to a halt, and I had suited up mid air and was hovering beside him. "You scared the hell out of me just then" He sighed in shock, resting a hand over his heart for a moment. I giggled lightly. He sighed and looked back at the road ahead, restarting the motorbike once more. I flew beside him, looking over at his hilarious face of concentration. I began laughing quietly, and he looked over and raised an eyebrow. "What is so funny?" He laughed, smiling. I hadn't seen him smile properly since I met him.

"Your concentration on driving. It's funny"

"And safe. Remember that when you get a car" He responded, trying to make his voice 'Father-like'. I laughed once again.

"4 miles out from New York" Jaya chimed.

"We've only traveled 1 mile? Oh man," I sighed, feeling even more exhausted as before.

"Well, we did land quite far away" Bruce yawned.

This was going to be a long journey still

Tony's POV

"Son of a b!tch" I announced, walking with Steve out of the area in which Loki had been held.

Thor had gotten trapped in the cage and hurtled to the ground.

Bruce had hulked out and plummeted god knows where.

Hannah dived after him and possibly ended up far away and possibly injured. Loki had a point before he murdered the innocent Phil Coulson.

Our team was separated. He had no disadvantage. Maybe.....

What if he wins? My God....

'Don't think like that Tony!' I mentally barked at myself. I opened the compartment my suit was held in and quickly suited up. Loki meant for a high place to store the tesseract.

Stark Tower. The only logical advencement that an intelligent being would go for.

I quickly flew away from the helecarrier, a jet with Steve, Nat, and Clint soon following closely.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•**•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Shut it down Doctor Selvig" I demanded, hovering just above the area he had built his demonic teleportation gateway.

"I can't. It's too late. It wants to show us something! A new universe" He yelled with a glint of wonder in his eyes.

"Alright" I called sarcastically, shooting at the contraption. It bounced off a virtually invisible energy based force field and threw me harshly backward, knocking out Doctor Selvig in the process.

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable" Jarvis chimed.

"Yeah I got that" I responded, my voice drippung with sarcasm accompanied with an unimpressed eyeroll. I looked down to see Loki, standing on the platform, his high and mighty attitude already getting on my last nerve before we had begun. "Okay plan B" I murmured.

Hannah's POV

Bruce has insisted I go ahead. There had been word that Steve, Nat, and Clint were heading into New York. To me, that told me something was wrong, or that something huge was about to go down. My body had begun to tingle, and my own crazy imagination even though I saw lightning from my fingers. I zoomed ahead, using the thrusters to add extra necessary speed, even though it felt I was flying faster on my own. Once I got there, I watched in horror as a blue line shot up from Stark towers and formed some sort of portal in the sky. I stared in disbelief as what I assumed to be aliens began pouring out. A sharp jab in my side asserted my attention, and confirmed that what I was seeing was real. I noticed as Stark flew up and began attacking them. I used the thrusters once more and shot up, beginning to take on aliens that got past Stark.