I'm... Going Insane.

"Hey Kaoru!" I yelled out my hospital room window "Where's your brother?!"

"Somewhere with your brother" He shrugged "They all handed me this homework for you and ran from me"

"Oh, wait there a second!" I took a few steps back from the window and ran.

I leaped out the window and landed on a tree branch near the entrance with my magical Morinozuka powers.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled me as I scoffed.

"Well they shouldn't put me in a room with windows" I defended myself.

"Well they don't expect their patients to jump out the windows with broken arms" He retorted.

"Well when testing the controls of a rocket, they didn't expect a wire to be loose and create a spark" I smirked "So they placed a tank of pure oxegyn unknowingly next to the faulty wiring and what do you think happened?"

"The tank caught fire and the three pilots burned alive because the trapdoor jammed" He mumbled "You actually read the notes on the homework..?"

I ignored that.

"And that is what we call 'Failure of the Imagination'" I finished running my unbroken hand through my hair "So the hospital really needs to step it up"

He grumbled and, being as immature as he is, crossed his arms.

"Well, I should go back up there before someone realises I'm gone.." I glanced at the window worried "Because that's the fifth lock I've broken in the last two weeks"

"Two weeks?" He began to laugh "That's insane! Sometimes I wonder why I fell in love with yo-"

He stopped and turned red. He turned away from me and covered his mouth with his hand.

"I-I mean..." He began to stammer.

"You really like me?" I smiled sadly "But it's not me you fell in love with Mr Hitachiin, you fell in love with the me who had a stutter and was more reserved"

"But you're still the same person, right?"

"I don't know" I sighed "I barely remember what has happened the last few months, I didn't even know I started high school"

"It doesn't matter, you'll remember everything in no time with us!"

"I'm damaged" I shrugged and clasped my hands behind my back "Far too damaged to know what is reality anymore"

I stopped.

"Well, I'm going to go now Kaoru" I turned back to look at him "Maybe one day I'll turn back into the girl you liked"

Before he could say anything I ran back into the hospital and quickly went back to my room.

Maybe I was a little too harsh?

--

I was about to fall asleep when someone entered the room.

Maybe this was a chance to try out that movie thing.

Where they pretend to be asleep and the person visiting spill all their secrets.

I tried not to cringe when I heard the sound of the chair scraping against the floor.

Eww.

"Hey Rin, you asleep?"

It was Ai.

He had visited me so much since I woke up, it was sweet of him.

It seemed we were really good friends before the accident.

It's a shame I don't remember.

Anyone who likes musicals and anime is instantly my best friend.

"So school wasn't the same without you" He sighed dramatically "Sorry if we're being too hard on you, we just really want you to remember everything so we can all carry on from where we left off"

Where's the juicy stuff? It's uncomfortable to sit in the same position for ages.

"My life sucked before I came to Ouran you and Haruhi were the best things that came into my life, with the rest of the hosts close behind obviously" He laughed "I never did tell you about that girl I was seeing did I?"

More shuffling.

"Funny story actually, she ended up slapping me and calling me a few things" He took a deep breath before continuing.

"I couldn't go out with her" His voice was muffled, as if he was covering his mouth with something "I just couldn't because, well..."

He cleared his throat.

"I think I was and still am in love with you Morinozuka"

--
ha.

that's a plot twist.

is it? or am i trying too hard?

too sudden? out of character?

honestly i really am thinking about rewriting the whole story a few more chapters in.

your opinions on this chapter? if lots of you don't like it, i can rewrite it.

and i want to take some time to actually develop the plot, most of it is on the spot improvisation. that's not really good for a story.

so maybe you could leave a few questions for the characters to answer in the next chapter?

or not, i mean you don't have to.

i love you guys so much, i probably wouldn't even be writing if it wasn't for you all.

- rin omoi