Chapter 33

Perrie's POV

It has been weeks, and we are nearing the completion of the album. I have recorded most of the songs. There are a few corrections that need to be done and some finishing touches. Once the album is completed, we'll start the photo shoot for the cover and the promo posters. There's still a long way to go, and I can't wait for everyone to hear the album. And it has been weeks also, since I last saw and talked to Jade. The 'break-up' was all over the news - in the front pages, top topic of all gossip shows, showbiz news headlines, and it was trending in social media. The management have decided to not release any statement about it and so Jade's side. We kept our mouths shut, and that's why the press have gone crazy. Well, I think it's better that way. Less drama, less complications.

Today was just like any other day at work. We just finished in the studio, Jesy and I were packing our stuff and preparing to go home.

"Hey, any plans for tonight?" Jesy asked me as we walked down the hall.

"Uhm... Actually, I'm going out." I replied.

"With Mr. Footballer?" she asked with a smirk.

"Yeah." I said, mentally rolling my eyes.

"Well, call me if you need anything." she smiled at me and we walked out of the building.

~~~

When I arrived home, I went straight to my bedroom to pick a dress from my closet. As soon as I entered the room, I froze. Memories of Jade flashed back to my mind. Her sleeping form on my bed next to me, the feel of her skin, the sound of her light snores, her brown hair splayed across the pillows, those beautiful brown eyes that I can get lost in to. I sighed and closed my eyes. There are so many things that remind me of her. And for this instance, my own bedroom. What the hell? That's why I've been sleeping on the spare bedroom for the past few weeks. I can't handle staying here longer than picking up clothes and using the bathroom. I just can't.

When I have finally decided what to wear, I grabbed the clothes and walked out of my room, went to the spare bedroom and changed. I applied my makeup and did my hair, then put on my shoes. I am going out with Alex tonight. He asked me, and I agreed. I guess it's my way of getting over Jade, I don't know. Jade has kept a residency on my mind ever since our 'intimate' night, and even after we've talked at her office, she kept lingering on the back of my head. Like I said, many things remind me of her. When I see a biscuit in the pantry, I remember her. When I see Jesy wearing her Disney pajamas, I remember her. When I see an expensive car, I remember her. When I lay on bed at night, I remember her. Even when I close my eyes, I remember her. And all of those things are already taking their toll on me. I need to forget her, I need to move on. And I guess maybe Alex could help. Maybe if I go out with him, spend time with him, I can forget her. Yeah, it may seem rude to use Alex, but I can't think of any other options. I slowly die every time I think of her, knowing that I can never have her again. God! I miss her...

After a while, the door bell rang and I knew it was Alex. I grabbed my pouch and went to the door. I greeted him, locked the front door and he led me to his car. He brought me to an Italian restaurant, silently thanking the Gods that it was not a restaurant Jade had brought me to before. We was a gentleman, opening the car door for me, rushing ahead to hold the restaurant doors for me, and pulling my chair for me as I sat down. But those were typical gestures, they're not special. The food was great, he even insisted on ordering desserts. When we're done, he paid the bills, and he said that we're gonna take walk to the park.

When we arrived at the park, we sat down on one of the benches and just stared at the night sky. There was a long silence until he decided to speak up.

"Perrie?" he called me.

"Yeah?" I cocked my head and looked to him.

"Did you enjoy tonight?" he asked warily.

"Uh- yeah, I enjoyed. Thank you." I smiled.

"Well, I enjoyed it too. Thank you for agreeing to go out with me." he said, smiling.

"No problem." I replied and looked back at the sky.

"Perrie... I- uhm.." he mumbled after a few moments of silence. I looked back at him, raising my eyebrows.

"I like you. And I was thinking maybe we can do this again." he said more like a question than a statement.

"Yeah, sure. I would love to." I said and smiled again. But I wondered, why is my heart not pounding? Why am I not stuttering? Damn, what's wrong with me?

"Really?" he questioned, pure joy laced in his face. I just nodded.

After a while we decided to go back home since it was really getting late. Again, he opened the car door for me and walked me to my front door. Before I open the door, I turned around to face him. I stared at his face and he was staring at me. He looked really good,  and yes, he is definitely hot, but I'm not attracted. Suddenly, he started to lean in and I found myself leaning towards him too. Then our lips found each other. There was electricity, I felt it. But I guess it was just because of the thought of kissing someone. The kiss ended, we smiled at each other, then we said our goodbyes. I opened the door, went inside and flopped down the couch.

What was that? There were no butterflies, no fireworks. I didn't feel my knees turned into jello. My heart did not pound like crazy inside my chest. It was all so different. It was nothing like what I felt with Jade. Jade. Why do I still think of her when I just kissed someone else? I should be forgetting her. I should not be thinking of her. But here I am, comparing. As if there was a competition! I scowled at my own thoughts. Stop it, Perrie! You're insane! I just went out on a date with this amazing and lovely guy, but I'm still thinking of the person I pretended to be dating with... the person I was in love with.

--

"Comparisons are easily done, once you've had a taste of perfection." Didn't Katy told you that Perrie? HAHA!😂 I'm sorry if this was short, I'm lazy.😩 Please leave a comment, and vote if you liked this chapter. Thanks, my loves!💋💋💋

- R xx