THE MASUD'S

Alhaji Ahmed Yahaya Mas'ud is the first out of ten children born to mallam Yahaya Mas'ud a civil servant and Fatma a full time house wife. He hails from Wudil LGA of Kano state.  After his secondary education, he proceeded to the renowned Ahmadu Bello University Zaria where obtained his first degree in Business Administration before moving on to the University of London for his MBA and doctorate degrees. After his return to Nigeria, he worked for the government under the the ministry of finance before he branched out on his own to start his own company that deals with international cooperations.

He met and married Aisha a teacher at a government secondary school in Adamawa state while on an official assignment. A very beautiful and self assured shuwa Arab. The last and only surviving member of her family.  Aisha had lost all members of her family in a fire outbreak that engulfed their house killing both parents and siblings and leaving her an orphan and at the budding age of nineteen. Sh  was all alone in the world except for her extended family members until she met and fell in love with Ahmed.

Ahmed's love and support had come as a blessing to her because losing her family had come as a great blow but Ahmed had become her rock on which she was sure will always be there whenever she needed to lean on. Ahmed her filled her life with joy and happiness and having his child after waiting a few years, had been the crowning glory in her life. She devoted her time in making her home a happy place for her husband and daughter.  She was well loved woman because of her kind gestures and humble to the people around her no matter their social status. She also instilled those values in her daughter to always love and respect people around her.

When Nafeesa was born,  she filled her parents with joy especially Aisha because she was the carbon copy of her mother and thus she was named Nafeesa after Aisha's late mother.

At the age of 3 years, Nafeesa was enrolled Into one of the best nursery school in Kano because of her smartness and intelligence. When she was in primary 4, they moved to kaduna where her father had moved the head office of his company to and became one of the most successful business men of his time.

She was enrolled into one of the best schools and being Nafeesa, she soon adjusted to the environment and system of learning in the school and within the shortest time, the new girl had become the top of the class. She sat for her common entrance examination in primary five (5)and passed with flying colours. She started her secondary education with the promise of continuing how she had started or better still improve on it.

Due to her kind heart and Loving soul,  she takes people's personal problems as hers and and tries to solve and that was why she was deeply affected by what happened to her friend at school.

One wet Tuesday morning, Nafeesa was dropped off late at school by her mother.  She walked into the class in her usual gentle but charismatic gait only to notice the usually noisy SS 3 class quiet.  She noticed everyone's forlorn faces and walked to her friends seat to enquire about the sad atmosphere of the class.

Meenah, what's going on? Why the long faces?

Rufaida was involved in an accident in. Morning on her way to school.

Inna Lillahi wa inna Ilaihi rajiun! How is she?hope it wasn't too bad? She asked all in one breathe.

She's still unconscious, under observation but the principal during the assembly said the doctors were optimistic she's going to be okay.

Oh poor Rufaida! I hope she gets better soon, I'll ask Umma to let me see her today. Nafeesa said with tears running down her cheeks.

Nafeesa please stop crying, I just told you the doctors said she's going to be fine. Meenah said hugging her crying friend.

I know Meenah, I just feel sad for her I can't imagine the pain she's in and what her family's going through.

School wasn't interesting throughout that day.  When Nafeesa got home,  she told her mother all that had happened in school that day and was taken by her mother to the hospital to see the sick girl because poor Nafeesa wouldn't stop crying.  Luckily Rufaida had regained consciousness by the time but was taking minimal visitors and so Nafeesa spent just a few minutes and dropped the gifts she came baring.

I'm so happy Umma now that Rufaida is on the mend. Allah ya bata lafiya.

Yes dear, just keep praying for her to get stronger replied Hajia Aisha with a fond smile.

The following day,  the school organised a visit for all of Rufaida's class mates to the hospital.

Masha Allah! She looks so much better today said Nafeesa with a shy smile as she's usually never talks in class except when  necessary.

Yeah she does,  I was really worried yesterday I couldn't sleep commented one of her class mates.

I couldn't come to terms with the fact that one of the funniest and loving person in the class was lying almost dead chirped in another.

We should pray for her and soon she will be back to her usual antics and playing pranks on all of you including me.  Said the teacher.

And with the support and prayers from both family, friend and the unrelenting efforts of the medical staff,  she was better in no time and location and behold back to her pranks especially on her best friend Nafeesa.

***************** ******************

So another update, please vote, comment and share if you find this story worth your while. It's what gives me the zeal to write 🙈🙈.
                                          With love
                                          Tahmyrah