“I don’t want to talk about Cole. I told him I loved him and he just took my heart and walked all over it. I told you he only wanted to sleep with me.” Snap. I think that was the sound of my heart. How could she think that? My eyes become blurry and I know they are filled with unshed tears. I knew Nikki had a shit self-esteem but this. I wipe my eyes before anyone can notice. I dread going to our next class because I know I will have to see her. To see her pain all over her face. So when the bell rings I wait before I go into to class. When I walk in I almost stop when I see her sitting all by herself. I can feel her pain radiating off her as she looks at me. I head to the back of the class and watch her the whole lesson not listening to a thing the teacher said. When the bell goes I am first out. I head straight home where Chris is waiting at my place.

“Dude you look like shit.” I ignore him and sit on the couch.

“I let her go.” I say. Chris and I are never the touchy feely type but he does listen.

“You finally saw the danger of being with her. Considering your father wants her and her whole family dead.” I smack him on the head and pinch the bridge of my nose.

“She is the next successor.” I open my eyes to see Chris staring at me.

“No way. Cole.” He knows that I love her which is hard considering the only other person I loved ended up dead.

“Yeah. I couldn’t even give her an answer Chris when she asked why.” I am not one to cry but I felt my tears coming down my face.

“Goddamit I love her. I wanted a life with her. I wanted to grow old together, I wanted to watch as my child grows inside of her. I fucking love her that I would kill my own father just to be with her.” Chris can relate to me with this. The girl he loved was killed by his father. Chris like me never wanted to be rouge so when his father found out he was in-love with a witch he had the choice of leave her or kill her and become a rouge. He choose to leave her, only to find out his father killed her. Love is a weakness. But I believe it is love that makes us stronger as we have something to fight for.

“I understand Cole I really do but at least Nikki is still alive. What will happen when she finds out who you are Cole? Will you still love her when she sees you as a monster?” I wipe away my tears thinking Nikki could be dead but she is not. Hurt but still alive.

“It still hurts through to know I am causing her pain.” We both sit in a comfortable silence thinking about the people we love. After my mother died when I was seven I swore I would never love again. Then I saw her and everything changed.

“Your father told me you have to walk tonight.” I sigh the only reason I walk is so Chris can stay alive.

“Sure. We better get going than.” We leave and met up with the group.

The next day at school Nikki isn’t there and it seems lonely. I sat with Vixen and I could tell she was worried too. The next day Nikki still wasn’t at school and know I became worried. It was very unlikely for her to miss two days of school. So I made the decision to go to her place. Travis was at school today but I avoid him all day. As I walk up to the house I wonder if they will even let me in.

“Hey Cole.” I look up to see Belladonna letting me inside. “They are in the lounge room.” I smile and walk in. The moment I step in everyone looks at me.

“Hey.” I say to Travis and Drake. I didn’t even see it coming until I felt Travis’s fist contact with my face.

“I told you not to hurt her.” He goes to hit me again but Drake pulls him back.

“Travis calm down.” I rub my throbbing jaw. Ok I guess I should have saw that coming.

“If you are here to see her, you are too late she is gone.” Gone where the hell has she gone? “You have hurt her so bad. I have never seen her like this. She is so deep in her bloodlust she doesn’t even see it.” Drake is trying to calm him down which isn’t working.

“Why are you here Cole?” Drake ask. He let Travis go and he shoulders me as he walks out the room.

“I was worried Nikki hasn’t been at school for two days and it is very unlike her.” Drake doesn’t say much and nods.

“We had to get Damien. He was the only one who knew what to do beside you. When Damien came she broke down Cole. It was heartbreaking to watch.” Hearing that Nikki is in so much pain guts me like a fish.

“Where is she?” I ask. I don’t like the idea with her being with Damien. I knew he has feeling for her you would have to be blind not to see it.

“Damien and her went up to his aunts lake house to get away from everything.” I nod my head. She is running from her problems.

“I better go. I am sorry.” I leave the house and know exactly what I am going to do.

I wake up early the next morning and drive out to Damien’s aunts lake house. I just want to make sure she is fine. I park my bike and walk up to the house. I notice a light on and I stop when I see Nikki looking at the lake. She is smiling to herself as she fills up a bucket of water. I follow her movements and smile when I see her intentions. I watch as she tips the water over Damien and runs away while Damien screams. I chuckle as I see them both run outside.

“Damien let me go, you are cold.” They are both laughing and I wish it was me with Nikki

“Oh you think I am cold.”

“No Damien, don’t even think about it.” I watch as Nikki uses compulsion and runs inside locking Damien out. I would hate to be him at the moment. I watch on as they both play around until Damien is finally let inside the house. I am watching Nikki and she seems to be scanning the area. Did she see me? Did she hear me?

“What are you doing Nikki?” I watch as she jumps at the sound of Damien’s voice.

“Jesus don’t scare me like that.” She smack his chest and looks outside again right towards me

“What’s wrong?” they both look around and I watch Damien roll his eyes.

“Stop being paranoid Nikki. We haven’t even started the horror section of the weekend yet.” Of course they would watch horror. They both go inside and I watch from the outside. They bake which turns into a food fight. I have never seen this side of Nikki before which makes me wonder if I know her at all. They both end up in the lake and I watch in envy. I caused her so much pain and Damien causes her so much happiness that I can feel it radiating of her. Nikki’s smile and laugh is contagious and I find it hard not to join in myself.  I watch as they snuggle up and start watching horror movies.

Why did I have to let her go? Maybe she will be happy with Damien. He makes her smile and laugh and won’t put her in danger. Damien is smart and loving and I know he will care for Nikki.  She doesn’t know this but Nikki has always has my heart and always will. So I do the one thing that is the hardest of them all. I let her go. If Damien can make her happy than I am happy. I watch as they both are asleep and I know I have made the right choice. I cannot help myself but check if the door is unlocked. I open it slowly and make my way inside. I lightly pick Nikki up in my arms and walk into what I assume is her room. I tuck her into her bed and kiss her forehead for the last time.

“I love you Nikki.” She mumbles something and I walk out of her life knowing it is for the best.

******

I bet you didn't expect this. Well I hope you enjoyed. If you didn't gather this is Cole's POV when he breaks up with Nikki. I hope you liked it to see a side of Cole and Chris.