Chapter 12

Chapter 12

When I wake in the morning I am greeted to the sight of my sister going through all the stuff. “Violeta what do you think you are doing?” She jumps and turns around to face me.

“I was looking for something, I thought you might have but you don’t.” Before I can stop her she is out my room. I walk over to where my sister was just standing to find her looking at all the presents Damien gave me over the years and it makes me wonder what she is up too. Because I woke up late everyone had already eaten breakfast so I sat at the table by myself for a change. I spend the day in the room listening to music, dancing and doing my homework. I am in the middle of doing some tai chi when I hear a car pull up to the house. When I look out my window I can see Drake and his wife driving up to the house. I squeal and use my speed to fly down the stairs, to his car.

“Drake!” I yell when he gets out the car.

“Nikki?” He ask like he is questioning who I am, when I run into his arms and he hugs me.

“Who else would it be?” He places me down and looks at me. Drake like mum has blonde hair but has brown eyes like Dad.

“Look how big and beautiful you have gotten.” He hugs me again and I feel like I am going to cry. Drake is 37 but he still looks 24.

“You still look the same.” I smile and he smiles back at me. When I hear someone cough I look to see a women with long brown hair and green eyes and I assume is Drake’s wife.

“Sorry Nikki you might not remember, but this is my wife Mia.” He holds out his hand and Mia takes it.

“It’s nice to meet you.” I hold out my hand to shake it but she is hesitant and I can understand why. “I am not like the rest of my family, if Drake loves you and is happy then I can accept it.” I smile and Mia smiles back and when I look at my out stretched hand she takes it

“It’s nice to meet you. Last time I saw you was when you were 5.’ She looks at Drake then looks at the house and his smile disappears when I saw our Father standing at the door.

“I better go and say hi.” Drake frowns and I stop him before he does.

“Before you say anything to him I have to tell you, some things have changed and other haven’t if you know what I mean.” Drake looks at me before he understand that Dad still has the same thoughts about what Drake did even after 11 years.

“Thanks for the heads up.” Drake walks up to Dad while I stand next to Mia.

“His father still doesn’t accept him.” I shake my head and she sighs. I can understand why this annoys her.

“What about your parents? What were they like?” I ask.

“At first they didn’t like the idea, but they have slowly grown and accepted the fact that I love your brother.” We both look back to see Mum with her arms wrapped around Drake.

“Well we better get settled down before we have lunch.” I groan and they both look at me. I know what lunch is going to be like but neither of them have a clue.

We are all sitting at the table in silence. Tab and Alex keep looking at Drake as if they don’t ever remember him. Dad is doing paper work and Mum keeps smiling at everyone. Travis and I are both sitting next to each other kicking each other’s legs while Mia is looking very uncomfortable.

“So where is Violeta?’ Drake ask and everyone looks at him as if he is gone mad. A lunch without Violeta. That would be amazing.

“Oh trust me she will be hear soon.” Travis says and Drake look very confused by the tone of my brother’s voice. Don’t blame him. The last time Drake saw Violeta she was 13 and always a good girl. I used to look up to her until everything went south.