Chapter 45 - You're The One That I Want

The next day I was completely avoiding Derek. Whenever he called I just sent it to voicemail. After a couple of times, I felt guilty about ignoring him so I send him a text.

Me- We need to talk.

Derek- Okay. I'll be there soon.

Me- No. I'll meet you at the park.

After I get a final text from him agreeing to meet, I go to get dressed. I wear a gray sweatshirt with cutouts in the back and blue jeans.

I get to the park first and sit on a bench. I sigh and try my hardest to hold back tears. But I fail, miserably.

When Derek fianlly arrives, he notices I was crying.

"Are you okay?" He says looking concerned and bending down next to me with a hand on my back.

I look up and wipe my eyes with my sleeves. "You should sit."

Derek takes a seat next to me. "What's wrong? Why did you want to meet me out here?"

I take a deep and look up at him. "Derek...You're funny and smart and ridiculous sexy but..."

"I'm not Blake." Derek's eye's fill with tears too. "I think I know where this is going."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to end like this." I turn from him and stare at the ground.

"I get it. I've to not notice how you two are when you're around each other or the way you look at him. But the truth is, I've know you still loved him since he first showed up that night."

I wipe my tears again. "I'm sorry, Derek."

"Don't be." I turn back to him and wrap my hands around his neck. His wraps his around my waist and nuzzles his face in my neck. When we pull apart he begins to stand by I pull on his arm. He sits and we just stare at each other for a little bit.

Finally, I pull his face to mine and connect our lips for one last time. When we pull away he kissed me on the forehead and then leaves. I cry on the bench for about five more minutes before cleaning myself and calling a cab.

-------------------------------

The car ride is about ten minutes to Blake's hotel. I stand outside his door and knock.

He opened the door and smiled at me. I let myself in and turn around to him. He closes the door.

"I'm glad your here." He says.

"I'm not here to have sex." I state.

"I'd be okay if you were." We both laugh.

"Seriously...Blake." I walk over to him and lock our fingers together. He looks down at our hands then back up at me. "I broke up with Derek."

"Oh." He breaths.

"Yeah. Last night, he told me he loved me. And I wanted so much to love him back. But I just can't. And, you wanna know why?" Blake stays silent and just looks at me. "It's because I'm still in love with you."