Chapter 9 - A Fresh Start

Kylie and I are up be 8 am. We have work. I wear a light blue button down shirt that has white flowers, with white shorts, black flats and a black purse. I have my hair in a ponytail. I remain at the cash register and Kylie walks around fixing clothes, folding clothes, unloading boxes and I tell all the employees what they should be doing. After a while Kylie takes a seat next to the counter.

 “You excited for later?” She asks me around 12.

 “Why would I be?” I ask in response.

“Because we haven’t been to a party in a while. All your friends are gonna be there and. . .Blake.”

I roll me eyes and walk toward the clothes to fix them in hangers. “Why would I want to see him?”

“Because he’s like you best friend. Besides yours truly of course”

 “I don’t want to see him.”

“Why not?”

“Because everything with us has be awkward and I don’t want to add to that.” I walk back to the cash register and Kylie stands on the other side.

“Would you not get your panties in a twist? You guys will be fine. You have been friends for years, you’ll get through it.”

“And what about you guys making a bigger deal out of the situation.”

“Us? They are just stiring things up because they don’t have love lives of their own to focus on and my relationship is simple and boring. We love Blake. And girls like him maybe even more than they do Andrew but that’s them, you’re you. Don’t let them get to you.”

“Ok, I guess you’re right.”

“Oh honey, I am” Kylie assures me. I giggle at that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kylie and I put on our swimsuits and leave the apartment at about 2:30pm. We go in Kylie’s car because it’s bigger. We stop off at the hotel and pick up the girls. We head to Deandre’s house and arrive at about 3:10. Over our bathing suits, I wear a black leather shirt with black shorts and a black fedora. I wore black short black boots on my feet. Jennifer wore a white top with American flag shorts and black sneakers. Maya wore gray shorts with a blue tank top with a winter setting on it. Kylie wore a striped black and white shirt with black shorts. And Leah wore a cream top with jean shorts and light brown shoes.

Deandre greets us at the doors and invite us it. We make our way to the backyard, where the pool is. When we get out there I see Blake sitting and talking and laughing with friends. He wears sunglasses, a gray t-shirt and green swim trunks. The girls begin chatting with other friends and Kylie takes off somewhere with Matt. While everyone is talking and catching up, I decide to make the situation less awkward and make my way over to Blake.

When I walk over, the people he was talking to walk off and he stands up from the chair with a beer in his hand.

 “Hey” He says when I reach him.

 “Hi”

“You having fun?”

 “So far? Yeah. Seen a lot of new faces. A lot of old ones.” I smile slightly at Blake and he smirks.

"Listen” I start off “Things have been kinda weird with us, and I just wanna forgot all that and go back to being close like we were, because I miss you to.”

 “I miss you too.”

I wrap my arms around neck and hug him. He wraps his large arms around my back, lifting me off the ground a bit. I chuckle. He settles me back down and speaks.

 “So, what do you say we have a good time?”

 “That sounds really nice.”

 “Good.” He takes a beer out of the cooler and hands it to me. We cheers and drink up. 

---------------------------------

Please vote and comment. Happy Reading :)