Chapter 23 - A Night To Remember

I stand on Blake's front step as he opens the door. He looks surprised yet happy to see me.

"Hi." He says softly to me.

"Hey." I manage to get out while crying hysterically.

"What's wrong?" He says concern stepping a little bit outside and closer to me.

"I just need someone to talk to and I had nowhere else to go."

"Come inside." Blake says stepping out of the way and welcoming me in. He follows me in and shuts the door behind him.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He says walking up to me.

"Um...it's" I can't even speak without my voice cracking. I walk over to Blake's steps and sit down. "I'm so sorry." I say looking up at him.

He walks over and stands in front of me. "For what?"

"For not speaking to you. Letting some stupid kiss ruin our friendship. For asking you to stay away from me and stay out of my life."

He comes and sits down next to me. "Don't worry about it. I understand. You are happy with Andrew and I was just messing things up."

"But you weren't the one messing things up between us...He was."

"What do you mean?"

"Andrew is...um..." I felt embarrassed and ashamed to even say what I needed to.

"It's ok. You can say it." Blake comforts me but putting his hand on my back and moving it in a up and down motion.

"We broke up."

"Why?"

"He was seeing someone else behind my back."

"He was cheating?"

"Yeah"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah... I saw it with my own eyes."

Blake pulls me in for a hug. I wrap my arms tightly around his back and he wraps his around my shoulders. The room goes silent and I can feel Blake breath slowly and hear his heart beat as my head rests on his chest.

"I'm sorry Mel." He chin lays on the top of my head.

"You shouldn't be." I pull away.

"And why is that?"

"Because I was a total bitch to you. I ended out friendship of 10 plus years because I didn't want to put my relationship with Andrew in danger. I didn't trust myself around you and especially not if we were alone. And for the past year, my boyfriend, the one who claimed to love me, was cheating on me. We talked about getting married. I thought we would have kids and grow old together. For god's sake, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with that man. And most of our relationship he was seeing other girls."

As I spoke tears fell from my eyes. I wiped them constantly but that was no use. I took deep breaths as I used my hands to clear my blurred vision. "I feel like a complete idiot."

"Don't say that. Andrew is the idiot. He had a great girl and he ruined that. If he doesn't see how beautiful and smart and funny and generous and down to earth and sweet and lovely you are, then he need's glasses"

I smirk at Blake "Did you just say lovely?"

"I did." He says chuckling at himself.

I laugh slightly with him. "There it is."

"What?"

"Your smile."

"Well, I have you to thank"