Long Lost Love

I'm at my safe house searching for Jack when I finally give up and promise myself I'll look in the morning.

I wake up the next morning and go to get something to eat at the local dinner when I see Jack. I'm seated at a booth and order the waiter goes to get my food as I notice a familiar face a few booths away.

"Jack!" I say approaching the booth. What are you doing here where were you yesterday
. "Oh sorry I was meeting up with a friend." Jack says complete oblivious to the fact I was worried about him and that he should have said something. "Who's this pretty lady, Jack care to introduce me" says the tall skinny man sitting across from Jack. I sit down next to Jack across from the stranger. "Oh sorry this is Billy we have been friends since we were kids and this is Jen we meet a few months ago." Jack says  introducing us.

"Very nice to meet you Jen. Billy says and I smile and reply "you too." We sit and chat and the waiter brings our food. "So Billy do you have any hobbies" "While I like betting on fights, I like to box and I find good gun prices for my gang. Jack used to help out and be apart of it but he quit as soon as he meet Annabelle."

"Um Jack can I talk to you outside for a minute" I say dragging him outside. "What the hell you were in a gang and you never told me even though I told you everything about my gang! And who the fuck is Annabelle?" I said practically shaking him with anger. "Okay Jen calm down I'll explain" he said wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to calm me down.

"Well Billy's dad became our gang leader when my dad died. Billy took over after his dad about a year ago. Billy's dad had helped raise me because my dad was too focused on all his women to raise me. Billy's dad thought it would be a good idea to get me a wife because I need someone to look out for me so he signed me up for arranged marriage.

He gave me a few options and we picked Annabelle. It was okay at first being engaged I thought she loved me but I learned that she only wanted my money that I would inherit from my dad when I turn 21. So that's when I came here a few months ago and ran away before we could marry.

Now you remember when I said I had lied about loving someone when I left I told her our love was too strong and I needed a break so that she wouldn't know that I knew her intentions. I also told her I was going to get another degree so our kids can be looked after with plenty of money. She believed it of course only thinking of money. Billy's the only one who knows where I am." He says relived to tell me the truth.

"Wait so hold on your engaged?" I say in shock. "Well technically but I'm trying to get out of it."  "And you were in a gang this whole time?" "Well yes but I mainly did financial stuff and minor things I didn't fight or take any leader roles. Because I didn't want to be in the gang at all really." He says back. "What about the whole innocent thing and football are you really even a football player? And what about me I thought you fully loved me but your engaged." I say confused and not meaning any harm. " "I am kinda innocent I just left out a few things and yeah I was quarterback on my old team I used football as a distraction from my stressful life.  And if you want to be technical your engaged too." He replied keeping his cool. "Oh that's a step too far you were engaged and you loved her I only am engaged for gang reasons and I spend more time with you then him I love you and I don't have to marry him if I don't want to. But you chose her before you choose me and I don't think I can handle that." I replied walking away releasing his hands from around me.

"Wait Jen I'm sorry come back we can figure this out." He says feeling pity for hurting Jen he knew deep down they were meant to be soulmates. "Maybe some other time but for now I'll leave the keys on the front steps to the safe house I need some time away from you." I replied walking as far from him as possible.

Jack heads back inside to talk more with Billy. "Thanks dude you got me in trouble." Jack says infuriated. "Yo you did that all yourself I would have thought you told her by now since it's been months and you can't not tell someone your engaged. How long have you been dating Jen at least a few months?" Billy replied. "I guess your right" Jack said back.

"I might have made a mistake" Billy says averting his eyes nervously. "What?" Jack responded. "I didn't know you were in love with someone else so I invited Annabelle to join us in two weeks for lunch. I can't cancel now it will only be suspicious." Billy said apologetically. "No you didn't. Great this will make things way worse." Jack replied with his face in his hands sighing. "Well I guess I should tell Jen it will only make things worse if she doesn't know." Jack says on his way to tell Jen. "Bye Jack good to see you too." Billy says hurt that he didn't even say goodbye. "At least he left cash to pay the check." Billy says to himself.

Jack got in his car and went to see me he knows I always went by the secret little forest with the little stream where the beautiful blue and purple flowers grow right by my safe house. And he was right he saw my car as he pulled up to that spot. He walked over to where I was sitting but left a little distance so I would not see him. "I thought he loved me I guess I was just a side chick to him." I said to myself staring at the streams flowing water. "Maybe I'm just meant to be the bad girl that they think I am. The one who screws everyone and loves no one. Maybe I'm not meant for love." I say picking up a flower not noticing Jack listening behind me.

I walked over to the big rock where I felt I could almost touch the moon. I stood on top of the rock where I could almost feel his presence we used to play here when we where little all the time. "Brother can you hear me I need your help on what to do please send me a sign." I said wishing he were still here.

Just then I heard a crack of a stick I pulled out my gun pointing it toward the sound. "Who's there." I said. " Woah I might have frightened you but no need to shot." Jack said stepping out the shadows.

"Why would you sneak up on me and how long have you been standing there." I said questioning. "Not very long" Jack replied which of course was a lie but I didn't know that. "Okay good now what do you want" I said to him. "I just came to comfort you." Jack said sweetly lying again not able to hurt my feelings again with the news of his fiancé coming to town especially after all the bad things he heard me say about myself. We cuddled on the rock for what seemed to be forever and then I headed to my fancy home and he stayed in the safe house because I couldn't fully forgive him yet. It wasn't that dangerous for me to stay in my fancy house with the other gang sabotaging us the other day at the restaurant because I was equipped with weapons at all times and body guard living down the block.