Unus Mundus- Part Two

My mind wanders more than it should, yet, I'm grateful to remember most things, especially what came next.

I hadn't slept, not really, although I felt groggy. The drinks played some part in it, but the kinked feeling had stolen over the entire day.

Where am I?

I shivered, ass down on the dank floor, surrounded by dark walls and not much else.

Immediately, I rationalized my nude mystery:

1. I'd passed out, pissed myself, and de-robed
Or
2. Some guy plied me with more drinks, we slogged, and the douche left me in a closet
Or
3. I was dead, and in a waiting room in the after-life.

The last thought wrought new goosebumps. I'd pulled some crazy stunts in high school, but this topped it all. Harrison was probably worried sick.

No, Harrison was in trouble, and he needed help. 

The image of his slack face washed over me.

I buried it. Had to if I was going to figure out what the hell was going on. Clothes. I needed clothes before anything else. Unfortunately, the room had nothing but four dark walls. I clutched at my collarbone, a weird habit of mine, and stood.

Slowly, I approached the wall, reaching out. Underneath my fingers, I traced patterns onto the clay surface. Wall to wall, I groped for a doorknob, and found none.

My breathing picked up, and despite the cold, I began to sweat. No doorknob. Where the hell was I? I kept pawing at the walls, and suddenly came across a smooth spot. A white panel lit up, I pressed my palm against it, and the wall fell away.

Okay.

After a peek, I ventured out of my little closet, feet slapping on the floor. No one yelled out, no one laughed, no one stopped me. I was alone in a sparse space. I'd never seen a room quite like it before. White lacquered walls, blending to meet the white floor. Every part of the room flowed into the other. There were no angles to speak of, only curves. Further out, a viewing area spanned for about twenty feet, showing off a velvet sky set against an array of stars.

I was in outer space.

"Harrison?" Panic lit my voice.

The unbalance that had plagued me the entire day was gone, replaced by terror. My mind was unhinged and beaming in hallucinations. I shook my head, rubbed my eyes, and pinched my arm. Nothing disarmed the spell. I was trapped here, where ever here was.

"But it's so good you're here."

At the voice, goosebumps prickled my skin yet again. It was humanish, but belonged to a shiny figure, as white as the room. It was very clearly a robot.

"Is Harrison okay?"

The probability that I would see my brother was slipping from me.

"I'm not sure who that is, but without you, the mission would've failed," the bot said.

Brow-knotted, I skipped over much of what it said, instead focused on simple answers. "If my brother's not here, where is he?"

"Your brother," the chilling voice rolled the words around as though fascinated by them, "is not anywhere, because you're not supposed to be here."

The white walls, which had painted the illusion of an endless open cavern, now closed in. I couldn't breathe. Nothing made sense.

"What?" I backed away, closer to the bay window, not seeing any other exit available.