Chapter 3

Monday morning came, the sun shone through a small gap in my dark blue curtains and onto the red walls around me. I was awake before my alarm as usual, well obviously I don't sleep so I will be up before it.

It was 6 O'clock in the morning and everyone else was asleep still. The house was silent and peaceful, you could easily hear the sounds of the early birds chirping away in the trees outside my window, singing their songs to anyone who would listen.

I make a habit of doing this in the morning, before the rush to get to school of course, just laying back and listening to the nature outside my window. Sometimes I'll even sit on the window seat with the window open so I can be closer to the nature.

It's almost like the calm before the storm, you need to enjoy that peace before everything comes crashing down around you.

*Beep Beep Beep Bee-* I smashed my hand onto my alarm.

Well time to head into the storm I guess, I decided to skip breakfast as usual, I know Clarke hate's it when I do but I just don't feel like it today. I throw on whatever I can find in my cupboard, which is as usual, black-ripped skinny jeans, a navy blue top and my black hoodie, along with my black Doc-Martins and black and white striped gloves.

I grab my bag making sure to pack the essentials; homework, headphones, sketchbook, pencils and a spare top. Now I know what you're thinking "A spare top why?" Well let me answer you that in the most simplistic way I can; I get bullied which usually results in stuff getting thrown at me or me being beaten up. Either way I need my spare top so I don't have to walk around in dirty clothes.

I make my way downstairs and am about to walk out the door when.

"Alex, are you not having breakfast or packing your lunch?" Came Clarke's voice from behind me, with a hint of concern laced within her voice.

"No I'm not really hungry right now, sorry Clarke and don't worry I'm gonna buy food at college." I spoke trying to make it as convincing as possible. Which it must have been because Clarke didn't seem to question me.

"Okay sweetie make sure you do, have a lovely day at college!" Clarke shouted as I walked out the door and onto the street ready to make my way to that dreaded place.

As soon as I closed the door I stuck my headphones in and decided to blast some music, at what most would call an 'antisocial' volume, not that I really care it's not like many people would want to talk to me anyway.

"Alex!! Alex!!! Alex!!!!!!" I heard shouted from behind me. I removed my headphones and turned only to be met by my best and only friend Amanda.

"Oh hey Amanda, sorry I was in my own world as per usual" I apologised with a slight giggle.

"It's alright dude, I know you like to get lost in your own little world sometimes. Music is a nice escape I don't blame you" Amanda replied with a caring smile.

That is why she is my friend, she gets me! Just so that you can picture what she looks like, she has beautiful sparkling blue eyes, with long curly red hair which in my opinion both compliment each other perfectly. She has studded earrings in both ears and a tattoo on her back, which isn't always visible, of a moon in remembrance of her little sister, who had the most beautiful name; Luna.

Amanda has been through a lot but still remains the amazing, kind and caring person she's always been. I'm proud of her.

"Thank you Hun it really means the world to me that you're so understanding, not many people are nowadays." I said with a small grin on my face.

After about five minutes, the college was in sight, I prepared myself mentally for all the bullies. 'I will not let them win, I am strong and I will not allow them to get inside my head.' This is what I do everyday, I think to myself this same phrase day after day. Does it work? Well not yet, but I'm hoping for a miracle one day.

Amanda and I enter the college through the big blue and silver doors, into the cream and brown coloured hallway, lined with hundreds of lockers of different colours. Each locker has its own number on it and mine is 580, my birthday if you wouldn't believe it, pretty ironic if you ask me. Sadly, Amanda's locker is no where near mine, hers is 201, so I have to walk the rest of the way alone.

We part ways once Amanda is at her locker and I make my way further down the hallway to my own.

Most people decorate their lockers with pictures of their boyfriends, girlfriends or best friends, but me. Mine is covered in astronomical pictures and stickers. I'm fascinated by them but I could never show Clarke she would freak out if she knew I liked space just as much as her, however I love the real space not all the alien talk and conspiracies, they aren't for me.

I finally reach my locker and pull out all of the books I will need for first and second period. I took a few different courses for my A-levels, which were health and social, criminology, sociology and psychology. They're quite hard to keep up with all together, but I seem to manage, they're also really interesting to learn about. I enjoy learning about how the human mind works and how society works.

I especially enjoy sociology when we are learning about feminism and how it affects society today, it's so interesting! I mean get this, many women are unable to get into the higher paid jobs, such as; Head teacher roles or the government because of an invisible barrier called the glass ceiling. It's incredible! Every lesson I have is another adventure into even more knowledge, I love it!

Anyway, first period I have psychology and second I have health and social, so I made sure to grab everything I'd need for those lessons.

I made my way down the never ending hallway, and up two flights of stairs in order to get to my first lesson. I don't have any friends in this class, since Amanda is only in my sociology class, so I sit alone at the back as usual. I don't mind it too much, it just means that I'm able to get more work done with less distractions.

"Ow!" When I say less distractions I meant there are still a few of them.