Chapter 2

Slowly, I descended the flight of stairs into the hallway. It was quite a long hallway for a house this size. The wallpaper was a beautiful crimson, red colour and the carpet was a smooth, fluffy, cream colour. There are numerous pictures hung along the walls, all with their own little story to tell.

The picture that stands out the most to me though is a picture of me and Clarke, the first day she brought me here. It holds a special place in my heart, you can see the joy in my eyes to finally have a family to love and care for me, despite only being a few days old.

Clarke's face is a picture as well, she has the biggest grin ever and her eyes are so big, they resemble saucers. By this point Clarke did have the space sleeve, however it didn't have the space pod on it. Clarke told me that she had the pod added a few days after the picture was taken.

Finally, I entered the dining room and all eyes were on me.

"Take your time Alex we're all just sat here starving" Meet Natasha quite the Sarcastic one she is.

Natasha is 15 years old, she has mouse brown and blonde dyed ombré hair, which is very thick. She has ocean blue eyes that are super cool. She's super funny and loads of fun to be around. Tash is one of the kindest people you will meet, we may argue like a married couple when we're together but that just makes her all the more fun to be around.

I found out that she was put into her first orphanage at the age of 10, when her parents died in a car crash. She was an only child and had no one else to go to after the accident so she was taken in by the orphanage she was previously at. Then last year she transferred to this orphanage because it was closer to her school.

"Sorry, you know what I'm like get lost in thought.... that and I wanted you all to starve because I'm mean" I said trying to mock her sarcastic tone, while taking my seat in the only available seat at the table.

The dining room was quite a big room, with hard oak wood flooring and cream wallpaper to compliment it. The table was a long dark brown mahogany table with matching chairs. There were more pictures in here, but these ones were more decorative ones with paintings of oceans and farm houses. I love them. They make me feel calm and relaxed, I guess that's what they're meant to do.

The room smelt of all kinds of foods, that had been set out on the table for everyone to enjoy. It was Sunday, so of course we're having the usual Sunday roast. There was a plate with chicken already cut up for us, carrots, peas and cauliflower, roast potatoes, no Sunday meal is complete without Clarke's famous roasts, and finally a pot of Sarah's best homemade gravy.

"Looks beautiful as always girls thank you" Her name is Sofia.

Sofia is one of the youngest here at the orphanage, of course after Benny, the only boy at the orphanage. She's 13 years old and has short, curly red hair with a green streak in it. She has piercing blue eyes that will brighten anyone's day.

Sofia is one of the most polite teenagers that you'll ever come across, but of course like any normal 13 year old, she has her hormonal days. Aside from that she's basically one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and everyone at her school adores her, I don't blame them, I loved her the second she walked through the door.

"Yeah it does thank you Clarke and Sarah you always manage to make the best Sunday meal!" That's Angelica.

Angelica is one of the very outgoing people, she always manages to keep a big grin on her face! She has short brown hair that is quite wavy and light blue eyes. She's 14 years old but has the mindset of an adult.

Angelica aspires to be an actor when she finally graduates school and college, and honestly with how outgoing she is I'm sure she'll nail it! Especially with her beautiful voice I mean come on! She's the whole package! Awesome at acting and singing! Any film would definitely benefit from having someone as awesome as her.

"Yay food thank you Sarah thank you Clarke!!" And finally there's little Benny.

He's a funny little boy, always has something to say. He's the only boy at the orphanage and he's the youngest. He has adorable spiked up blonde hair with mesmerising green eyes. He's only 5 years old, making him a little ball of trouble.

Benny's told me that when he grows up he wants to be a doctor, so that he can save people's lives. Now that little boy has his head on right, most children his age want to be dinosaurs! He is the top of his class, quite the brainiac if I do say so myself, I mean I do tutor him at home quite a lot and help him with his homework, not that he needs much help.

"Thanks guys it really does look lovely as always" I say with a big grin on my face, which probably looks as fake as it feels.

We enjoy our Sunday meal, with small chattering here and there along with the odd shout from Benny. I don't eat much like usual, I'm not a big eater honestly especially on Sunday's.

"Okay guys have you all done your homework and packed your bags?"

And that is why. I hate college, I really do, and all the people there hate me too.

We all nod our heads and help to tidy up, before returning to our bedrooms to get ready to go to sleep, since we have to be up early tomorrow to go to the dreaded place.

College.