Chapter 1

August the 5th of the year 2000, the day that I was found in a ditch on the side of the road. I was a new born baby already orphaned left without a family to raise and care for me. I was told that my parents were killed in a car crash the day I was found, of course I don't believe them.

I mean who would? How would a new born baby be the only one to survive and be found in a ditch near the crash? It just doesn't add up to me, but I have got pretty bad trust issues so that may be the reason I don't believe them. But still process that in your head, two full grown adults killed in a crash and the new born baby is the only one to survive, found in a ditch nearby! Like I must have been flung quite far and you can kill a new born baby by just holding them wrong!

Anyway how rude of me I haven't even introduced myself! My name is Alexa I'm 17 years old and yes I'm a girl! I have short brown and lilac hair, because of my hair I tend to get mistaken for a boy, hence the reason I'm growing it out. I'm known as the quiet, socially awkward, hormonal at times tom-boy at the orphanage I live in.

I'm currently the oldest living at the orphanage, since most people leave at 16, but I can't find the heart to leave, this place is my home, I've been here my entire life! Pretty much everyone else who has been here, stay for at least a year or two and are then adopted but for some reason no one wants me. They say they get these 'weird vibes' off of me so they don't want me. So I've remained here for just over 17 years.

It's not all bad I don't mind not being adopted the carers are really kind and funny people. Clarke, the main carer at the orphanage, is the one that found me as a baby. She was only 19 herself and had only just started work at the orphanage a couple weeks prior. She's 35 now and honestly doesn't look a day over 20. She has short mousy brown hair cut into a messy bob and blue eyes. An awesome tattoo sleeve on her left arm of space and a strange looking pod in the centre of her lower arm. Clarke has told me that she believes in aliens hence the reason she has the pod on her arm.

She's always telling me about these conspiracy theories that she reads online. Like the one about how Area 51 is hiding their knowledge of extraterrestrial beings and that they have some in their vicinity locked up. Or the one about how the men in black go around erasing people's memories of alien sightings. Honestly sounds like a load of bull to me, Area 51 is just a site of scientists who are too stuck up to share their discoveries, probably nothing to do with aliens anyway.

All of these conspiracies are just that conspiracies, that's what I think but never have the heart to say to her. She's so passionate about them that no one has the heart to tell her otherwise. But even if we were to say it to her it wouldn't stop her believing them.

Apart from her crazy conspiracy theories, she's a pretty cool chilled out girl. You can talk to her about absolutely anything and she won't judge you, she just gives you advice on how to deal with tough situations, or has a laugh with you about some stupid thing you may have done in school.

Then we have the newest carer Sarah, more widely known as Tenor, she is super chilled out and a blast to be around. She's quite young for a carer at an orphanage as she's only 18. But that just makes her all the more fun to be around.

Sarah has blonde hair with pink and black stripes in it which is quite long. Quite often you'll see her sat down trying to get the knots out of it. Her eyes are by far my favourite out of anyone's I've ever seen, they're this blueish-green colour that often changes colour to either blue or green on their own, purple or even silver. They're so cool! She has a tattoo on her right wrist of a heart with her mums name in it. She also has a load of other tattoos some in places we can't see and another on her right temple of a heart. She has a tone of piercings in almost all the places you can't think of.

Sarah is quite the musician, she has an amazing voice and she plays the tenor sax, hence the nickname we gave her. She's openly bisexual and often makes pretty inappropriate jokes. We're into a lot of the same things like anime and reading, making her pretty ace in my book.

But those are the carers, you'd usually have more in other orphanages, but there aren't many orphans either, so they don't need any more carers.

"Alexa! Come on you're late to dinner again! Everyone is waiting!" Clarke shouts from downstairs in the dining room, most likely.

Oh crap I always loose track of time!

"I'm coming! Sorry!!!" I shout back just as loud as Clarke.

"It's fine just be quick we're hungry!" Shouts Sarah.

"Alright, alright I won't be long."

Let's go then.