Visionary

Blackened earth surrounds me and embers spark through the soil. Smoke rises into the sky and ruined buildings scatter the ground. "It's about time you made it here." The smoke swirls into the tall body of the Eternal, white eyes glaring at me. "It's a shame that Zenith interfered with our little game. He broke the agreement. He killed one of my champions, himself. Now we can't have that, so, I have my own game to play." He chuckles and pulls out a black sword swath in shadow. "Don't worry I won't kill you. But someone will die." He impales me on the sword and I groan, black fluid drips from my mouth. The sword disappears and the dream evaporates.

Coughing I wake up in a cold sweat, my chest burns as if I really was stabbed. Everything seems quiet, too quiet. Akeno isn't beside me like she should be, something is happening and I don't like it. Slowly I get changed and head downstairs, empty. Nowhere to be found. I check the kitchen and only find half eaten breakfasts, from the kitchen I head to the basement where training happens. Inside the frozen bodies of everyone reside as if locked in time. I sprint over to Akeno and try to free her but nothing works. "Don't worry. They're alive. He wouldn't let me kill them."

"She's here Y/N." My eyes widen as I recall the voice. Makrex jumps down from the ceiling and lands in from of me. "Makrex you bitch!" I growl at her summoning my gauntlet, the stinger hangs idly from my wrist. "My name isn't Makrex pervert. I'm known as Mary." She summons the vampire sword she killed me with before. Now that she mentions it I would really love to titfu- not now, now's not the time. "Get her!" Xenwrath hisses and I lash the whip at her, she blocks with her sword then slices the stinger off. A burst of magic knocks me off my feet and I scramble away backwards. "You're weak Y/N. But I'm not supposed to kill you." She crushes my ankle with her foot and the bones crunch crudely. I let out a groan in pain and support the injured limb, bone juts from my flesh and I realise just how bad it is. She walks away towards Akeno, "no what are you doing?" I shuffle towards her.

"This is courtesy of the Eternal." She stabs the blade through Akeno's chest her time still frozen keeping her blood inside. "No! You whore!" I try to get up but I collapse. She steps over to Rias and raises her sword "NO!" Before she can strike she's pushed away by a huge black force.

"How dare you do this." Zenith growls grabbing her by the throat. He smashes her into the wall breaking it and spurting blood across his face. Again and again he repeats this action until her mangled corpse falls to the ground. "How? Why?" Zenith holds his head in his hands and I feel tears leaving my eyes.

"Fucking cockroach, that hurt." Mary groans her healed body standing up from the ground.

"H-how?" Zenith stutters. She cracks her neck and stands upright picking up her sword she points at Zenith. "So Zenith Krakveek doesn't remember me. How unfortunate, I guess it's appropriate considering he thought I was dead. It's okay Zenith house of Dimension. I'm back, Maryk house of Chaos." Her face breaks into a smile and her skin crumbles into dust revealing a hard black carapace and piercing white eyes. "N-no you died." Zenith falls to his knees.

"The Eternal saved me and brought me back. You're no longer the last Roach Zenith. Now there are two. It's a shame you have to die." From her sword's hilt she pulls out a revolver, "a disintegration revolver. My own invention, you see I could only get six disintegration cores. Not enough for a rifle." She places the gun against Zenith's skull. "Goodbye Uncle Zenith."

"No." He speaks simple grabbing the gun and crushing it, he stands up and grabs her by the throat. Clutching one of her arms be tears it from her thorax and throws it to the ground. "If you had actually used your time wisely. This wouldn't of happened." He growls punching a hole through her chest drenching the floor in black blood. With a gaping hole in her armour she claws at Zenith's head barely scuffing the tough chitin. Zenith grabs the sword and stabs her in the neck forcing her head from her body. He reaches inside her chest cavity and pulls forth a large grub. "I'm going Y/N. Don't expect to see me again. She'll be back. This won't kill her, so don't be here when she does." He tears a hole in reality and treads through it, leaving me alone to mourn for Akeno. Their time starts again and Akeno lies motionless on the floor blood pooling from her wound. Quietly I sob my face in my hands, I hear gasps and others crying but I can't deal with them right now. How can I fight an immortal enemy?

Author's Notes - I know this is a shorter chapter and at the end I stole the show but this needed to be done and this is me leaving this story. I thought it was about time considering how I'd already left the Akame Ga Kill one. What do you think of the way this is going? Because at the moment only I have the plans for future chapters. Zenith Out...