thirteen

6 months before season 1

The club just called off the lock down but the guys were still tense. Happy was in a horrible mood the past couple of days and did nothing to hide that. Val was still angry at Jax and didn't even want to be in the same room as him.

It was the longest that she went without talking to her brother. Some members she has spoken to about the situation have said that she is over exaggerating while others say she was a right to be angry. Her brother basically told her that he doesn't like the guy that she is dating. Yes she gets the concern but from her own brother? In her mind she has the right to be mad and that is what she keeps telling herself. 

She also didn't get why Happy was in a bad mood. It's not like she's done anything to piss him off but she doesn't know what he's thinking or feeling. She of course wants to make it better but she doesn't know what to do. She thought about giving him space but every time she brings it up, Happy shoots the idea down.

And her Bubba too. He's getting pulled deeper and deeper into the club. She first saw it when she turned 15. She was getting older and has an old man now and doesn't really need him for a lot of things. She'll always need bubba of course but not for the stuff she needed when she was little. He used to make her breakfast every morning and now she'll be lucky to see his bike in the driveway in the morning.

The club also seems like it's been going down hill. The ATF is always around and every club member looks exhausted. It always seems to be a cloud of darkness surrounding the club. Val just hopes that it'll get better soon.

It was Valentines Day which meant it was Val's birthday. It was a Wednesday morning and she took the day off of school. She needed it big time. She signed her self up for afternoon courses for interior design and would get her license in a year. She'll start her courses in the summer and end in may of next year. It was a good plan and Tig was in favor of it because it only costed him 5,000 dollars.

Because she took the day off, she was out shopping for the house in Stockton. She got curtains, outlet covers, bathroom stuff, cleaning supplies, and necessities of the house. Happy gave her a good amount of money and she also had money to spend. She was done shopping and was ready to go home and get ready for her birthday. She put the many bags of stuff in her trunk and got in. She was wearing light wash jeans with combat boots and a tank top under her leather jacket that Jax gave her for Christmas the year before.

She was driving and not paying attention. She was to excited about tonight and what Happy was going to do, to notice the people following her. It happened all to fast. Them cutting her off, her slamming on her breaks, them grabbing her, her fighting them, them blindfolding her and knocking her out.

When she woke up she was tied to a chair in what looked like clubhouse like the Sons but all around her it screamed MAYANS. She was mentally cursing herself for not paying attention. She looked up when she heard footsteps. A Hispanic man that wore a kutte that said Presidente came eye level with her.

"I don't like taking old lady's but we need our guns. So your going to call your old man and going to ask him to bring out guns. And if they don't I'll kill you. Understand?" The guy had a slight accent to him. There was an air surrounding him that made her feel like he wasn't joking. Happy has told Val little about the man but what he did tell her was that he's very truthful.

"Yes." Valentines voice was shaky but she tried not to show her fear. She needed to call Happy and get out of here.

Valentine saw of on the goons go through her purse. She saw one of the Mayans call his president over. They all started speaking Spanish and soon they were yelling. The president slammed his hand down on the table before walking up to her.