4) Dreaded Wedding(Part II)

Right beside the church was the graveyard. Maybe he can help me get away this overwhelming burden.

I scampered towards his grave. I desperately fell on my knees when his grave came into view.

I cried out this time not acknowledging the fact that maybe by my shouting, the dead in the graves would be disturbed.

"If you disapproved, why are you letting this happen?" I pointed at the church.

It was pointless to hold back the inevitable streak of liquid that threatened to fall from eyes. So, I obliged to their adamant request and as soon as my consent reached my brain, the tears liberated themselves from the feeble restraint I had put on them.

There was an impregnated silence that filled the atmosphere. It was uncanny and unnerving. It seemed that after the words left my mouth, they hung in mid air. They did not produce any response.

It was explicit that he was ignoring me. He did not have any right to ignore me. It is his fault that my life is entangled in this mess.

I spat out in sheer resentment," It's all your fault I am trapped in this position in the first place. If you would not have died, mother would not be marrying Carter today and I won't be feeling this empty inside. It seems as if termites are residing inside me, gnawing at every possible place leaving me as an empty shell." My voice broke at the end while my throat became excessively parched with the shouting.

After a moment, I pondered upon the words that had came tumbling out of my mouth due to my emotions exploiting me; it made me guilty. I wanted to take back the words that I had uttered in imprudence in the form of a ramble.

Nothing spilled out of the eyes of the sky. The only thing that was different in this moment from the previous one was the heat of the sun.

It seemed that he was angry at me as the sun lividly relayed its heat.

"You have every right to be angry. I should not have shouted. It's neither yours or anyone's fault. It's just the game of fate." I whispered after  sobering up from my former fury.

My cheeks were damp and the tears seemed to be finished. A headache had set foot in the territory of the region of my head. I felt dizzy and tired of everything. I wanted to embrace the tempting warm ground, to curl into a ball and somehow escape this cruel reality for some precious moments.

The silence of the atmosphere was disturbed by my constant sniffing. There was still no reply. My eyelids were threatening to cover my eyes to give me a chance to escape into an oblivion, that a cold breeze touched my damp cheeks, timidly. That action sent a wave of coldness to course through my body and made my lethargy dissipate into thin air.

He did reply, though it was late; nonetheless he did and that was enough. A new set of tears covered my eyes but these ones were truly tears of joy.

He wanted to wipe away the tears as the breeze softly brushed against my cheeks. It was a wonderful sensation as the image of my father conjured up in front of me smiling and calling me "Pancake." That made me smile.

The honking of cars and animated talking of people shattered the image. I gasped. I was brought back into reality. Though, I wanted to forget it, the reality was standing there waiting for me to catch up.

"I guess it's a good bye, then." I watched with a forlorn expression at the grave.

"No let me rephrase it. See you soon. I love you father." The last few words sounded foreign on my tongue, but eerily were the right ones to say. I need to get accustomed to this phrase.