Chapter 12

Laura's POV 

I start to wake up. I open my eyes to find myself in a cage. I'm laying on the cold floor beneath me and I sit up. I look outside of the cage to see two more cages with Carmilla in one and Betty in the other. Wait. Betty. I found Betty!

"Betty." I start to say but fail because somehow I lost my voice.

"You're awake." Maddie said walking towards me.

"If you're wondering why you can't speak is because the smoke that you inhaled damaged your vocal cords. But it only affected you and not Carmilla because she is a vampire." Maddie said.

"Take this you should be able to talk for a while but not for long." she said handing me a cup of purple liquid in it. I drank it with out no hesitations.

I start to say something to see if it worked and saying "Thanks."

"No problem." she said with a smile on her face.

"You gave the drink to her. Right?" someone said walking up to her.

"Yes." Maddie said.

"You know me. Now take those two out." Mrs.Weber said pointing to Carmilla and Betty.

Maddie walked over to the cages across the room and unlocked it for them to get out. They both came running out towards me when Mrs.Weber stopped them.

"You two get to sit in those two chairs." Mrs.Weber said pointing to two chairs a few feet away from the cage that I'm still in.

Carmilla and Betty walked over to the chairs and sat down looking at me.

"Now. Maddie take Laura out and strap her in that chair." she said.

Maddie unlocked my cage and grabbed my arms helping me up towards the chair across from Carmilla and Betty. She shoved me down tying my arms behind the chair and my legs to the legs of the chair. Carmilla and Betty just stare at me still not saying a word.

"Now. Thank you Carmilla and Betty for louring her here." Mrs.Weber said.

"What?" I ask confused as to what she was talking about.

"We didn't want to. But we had to lure you here or else we would have to be forced to eat you." Carmilla said with a tear falling down her cheek.

"Yes. Thank you for explaining that. Now get me the shot with the big needle." Mrs.Weber said.

"NO!!!!!!" Carmilla said running towards me but got her putting her and Betty in the cage that I was in.

Maddie faced me and turned my chair so I'm facing Carmilla and Betty in the cage that I was in.

Maddie came back with duct tape in her hand and a shot in the other. She duct taped my mouth shut so I wouldn't talk or scream. I didn't know.

"Now?" Maddie asked holding the shot in the air.

"Now." Mrs.Weber said.

Maddie took a step towards me and stuck the long needle in me and injecting me with this yellow substance. She pulled it out of my arm seconds later. I tried so hard not to scream because it was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Tears started running down my face. The pain was invariable. Everything started spinning, my throat hurt, and for a split second, I could see the brightest light in the world.

I blacked out again. When I opened my eyes I found myself laying in a cage dangling over a black hole with light coming from the ceiling. I looked over across from me to find Carmilla staring at me.