Chapter 4

"How do you know about time lords?!" Jack questions me.

"Time what?" Owen says with his voice cracking, like a 13 year old boy going through puberty.

"Well about that..." I say "we really should be talking about the police box behind you." I say pointing to the blue box.

"Time lord!" A man with spikey hair says, stepping out if the blue box. "Oh it's just you." He says in disappointment, looking at Jack.

"Doctor!" Jack says smiling, as the man from the box grins back, and they hug.

"Sorry to break you up boys, but over here we got a problem!" I say "Wait, did that sound un-modest, because I would really prefer being modest." I say, clenching my stomach, and yelling out in pain as I fall on my knees.

"Aleks!" Jack says rushing to my side, and the mysterious man rushes over, putting on glasses and using a sonic device.

"Sorry to interrupt, but is she-?" The man says, but gets no answer.

"Are you the doctor?" I say, while in pain.

"Yes but um-" the doctor says, but is caught off when he kneels beside me, but gold dust rises out of my mouth. All I see is black.

I wake up, to see a man in glasses, looking down on me, and as my eyes flutter his frown turns into a grin.

"Why hello there!" He says.

"Doctor?" I say, being able to see more clear now.

"Yes, let me help you up." He says, holding my hand as he props a pillow behind me in my hospital bed. "How do you feel?" He asks, with his hands now in his pockets.

"Happy?" I say, starting to get up as the doctor tries to help.

"Happy, that's good." He says, but then I continue.

"No that's not it, maybe...?" I say, slamming a kiss on the doctor as he squirms around, but I quickly stop and put my hands on his shoulders. He looks at me like I'm crazy as I frown, but I quickly smile when I say. "No I'm hungry! That's it!" I say, starting away as the doctor says,

"Wai-What?!" And when Jack scolds me when I pass him out the room ignoring him. I rush to the kitchen and open every cabinet.

"Food!!!" I scream.

"What?" Ianto says, passing me in the kitchen, as I lay on the floor.

"Fooooooooooood." I say, getting up, and checking the fridge for the third time.

"ALEKS." I hear Jack yell.

"Blah blah blah." I say to myself, pouring Mac and cheese into boiling water. "YOU KNOW," I shout out into the hall "A HUNGRY PERSON ALWAYS GOES TO THE KITCHEN!" I shout to Jack, but instead the doctor comes running out of no where. "Oh hello again!" I say grinning, like nothing happened before. I go to the oven, and pull out a pizza.

"Well you're... different." The doctor says.

"Different? Is different good?" I say.

"Everybody is different!" He says, sitting on the counter.

"So there is no normal?" I say, as he grins widely.

"Yes Aleks Wonder, you are truley brilliant! Did you know that?" He says.

"I have never been told I'm brilliant." I say sadly, even though it seems silly since I'm pouring Mac and cheese onto pizza.

"Not even by your parents?" He says, as I almost shed a tear, but don't.

"My mother died in child birth, and my dad blamed me for it. He abused me, but Torchwood came and- they didn't even talk to my father they just-" but I couldn't say it.

"Killed him?" The doctor says with a plain, but concerned look as I look at him and nod. He jumps off the counter and gives me a hug, and I feel like he is a shell protecting me.

"Doctor, you have a new time lord." Jack says, as we look at him standing by the door.