Chapter 1

"Now stay there while I go and get some booze!" My father yells at me, pushing me into my

cupboard. It's late, but my father has made me do chores. He says I didn't do it right, but he never shows me how to do it right, he just disaplines me. My bed is the cupboard, and it hurts my back. I am crying in my locked cupboard when I hear a loud thump, and unfamiliar voices.

"I can't find him anywhere." Some of the voices say after a while.

"What about that large cupboard?" One says, as I freeze up and try not to cry. All of a sudden, a flash of light blinds me, as one opens the cupboard and guns are pointed at me. I start sobbing and sobbing, but one in a long jacket says,

"Weapons down, she's scared." And they imeadiatly follow orders. "What's your name?" He says. I hate my name anyways, and I don't trust them, so I don't say my real name. Instead I say,

"Aleks, Aleks Wonder. Spelled with a k, A-l-e-k-s."

"Well then Aleks, why aren't you in bed?" One of the other men asks.

"This is my bed, and I must say that my father will be mad." I respond scardly, bitting my lip. "He will hurt me if you stay!" I exclaim, starting to shed a few tears from my already red eyes.

"Come on." A lady says "I'm Gwen, your gonna have to stay with us." She says, leading me out of the cupboard and next to her.

"Wait, Gwen." One says, but gets cought off by Gwen.

"She's not staying here." She snaps back, she says, stroking my black hair, and my green eyes plastered on her.

"Whatever, we need to go." The one in the long coat says. The long coat man is American sounding, just like me, and that warms my heart. They walk torwards the door, but it opens up, and I see my dad.

"Who the hell are you." He blurts.

"He's alien!" The other girl besides Gwen says, looking at a thing in her wrist. The American man cocks back his gun, and Gwen tries to cover my eyes, but it's too late.

"No!"I scream, but it's too late. I stand there looking at the dead body on the ground, and I rush to its side, but I don't cry. I look up at the American man and speak, "He was a rotten man-" I pause "but you didn't even try to reason." And I walk over to Gwen, wrapping her in a hug, burying my face into her.

"How old are you?" He says, breaking the silence. I turn to American man and say (as if nothing had happened),

"11, why?"

"I just got told off by an 11 year old, ha." And he steps out the door.

"What's his name?" I ask Gwen.

"Jack, Captain Jack Harkness." And we all rush outside and into a van. In the car ride, I learn their names. Tosh, Owen, and Ianto.

"Where are we going?" I ask

"Torchwood." Jack says, stopping the car.