•07• Secrets Told

Joni

Forward step. Back. Spin. Pose.

I was at school in the dance room. I go to this "Advanced Mind and Skills" school. It's for genius kids who have other special abilities. I dread coming here because, of course, I'm the only band mate that comes here.

I finished my routine and heard an applause coming from the door. My heart jerked as I turned around.

"Dana?"

"Why are you so shocked? It's like you've never seen me before." He said.

"Uh.. What are you doing here?" I asked him flabbergasted.

"I'm taking you on an adventure." He said showing me his car keys. I know he just got this BMW and I'm sorta afraid of getting in a car with a boy who just earned a license, but I decided I would go along with it.

"Alright. Sure. Let me change first."

"You look fine." He said, obviously not noticing that I look like a fool.

"I am wearing a leotard, ballet slippers, and a pink tutu. I do not look fine." I said crossing my arms.

"Same old Joni." He smiled, "Sometimes, you got to let people know who you are." He told me.

I thought about it for a minute and left my ballerina ensemble on as I followed him out the room.

While walking behind him, I realized that his cologne was 'on pointe'.

(A/N Did you get that? Pointe is a type of ballet btw, if you didnt.)

-/-/-/-

"Are you sure your girlfriend is okay with this?" I asked him when we pulled up outside of this teen hangout place called Dots. It was polka-dot themed and had like a 70's hippie vibe to it. Needless to say, it must be the coolest place around.

"Was her best friend okay with her dating me?" He replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Dana, where is this going?"

"Fatima and I aren't together anymore. It's because I may have feelings for another girl. I thought you could help me get her. I mean, you helped me with Fatima." My heart suddenly dropped when he said that, I don't want him to get another girlfriend. I want him to have me.

"Sure." I whispered. I knew he could hear the sadness in my voice, but his face kept that toothy grin of his.

"Great! Well, how do you think a guy should ask a girl out?"

"I don't know. Try something cute, like a cupcake that asks her. Sorry, that was dumb." I said blushing. I lowered my head as I played with my napkin.

"It was good." He didn't say anything to me after that. We sat in silence for a while as we looked at the tv in the corner. Cribs was on MTV and I remember doing one for the show; I don't think they ever showed my episode.

A few minutes later, a little boy that looked around the age of five, came over to me and handed me a cute pink plate that was covered in aluminum foil. "What's this for?" I asked him.

He smiled at me adorably, while pointing to Dana who left the table and was concentrated on beating a guy at arm-wrestling. "It's from your boyfriend." He giggled. I gave him a weird look and took the foil off.

It was a cupcake, that said You+Me=Please?

Needless to say, I was in shock. Dana used my idea to ask me out. "Thank you lots, cutie." I told the little boy as he walked away. Dana came back to the table and seemed satisfied that he won his arm wrestling thing.

"Who was that?" He asked me. He must've seen me talking to the little boy.

"You should know." I said while pushing the cupcake toward him. He gave a little smile as he put his head down. "Yes."

"What?" He asked me.

"I said... yes"

published: 05•18•14
edited: 04•02•15