I'll Be Waiting

Ok, last chapter until well into next week. Thank you for continuing to read my ramblings!

Ricky had never slept in the holiday apartment that he owned. Even when he and his ex-girlfriend had been renovating the main house, there had always been another bedroom to sleep in or a second bathroom to use. The need to sleep in what must once, in days gone by, have been the servants quarters had never arisen. But there was a first time for everything.

As Ricky had led Rosie to the bedroom last night, he'd pushed the two single beds together and after having made love again, they had fallen asleep together.

The sun's rays now flooded the room, where in their eagerness to fulfill each other, they had neglected to pull the curtains last night. Rosie gradually opened her eyes, aware of the sun and the arrival of another beautiful summer's day. They really had been spoilt this year. Her vision was clear enough immediately to see Ricky laying next to her. The sun picking out the coopery colours in both his hair and his beard. The sheet, lifted and fell with the rhythm of his breath as Rosie watched him sleep. 

She looked at her watch, knowing it had been well gone three o'clock by the time they had bared to leave each other alone. She would let him sleep.

Her mind wandered back to last night, to the sofa. Ricky had said he'd hoped they were the first to christen it. She thought about how tender he had been, each movement he'd made thoughtful and in no way expecting Rosie to do anything she hadn't wanted to. But there had been nothing Rosie hadn’t wanted to do. He had treated her tenderly and then when they had come to bed they had both found a new rush of energy. Rosie giggled to herself as she remembered how she had behaved. She'd bet Ricky hadn’t have expected her to be so...passionate.

She heard Ricky take a deep breath as he wriggled next to her, his head turning towards her, a grin growing on his face as he'd remembered she was there.

"You managed to stay the whole night,"  Ricky quipped. Rosie reached out and wrapped an arm around Ricky's stomach, his hands rubbing her arm as she did so.

"I couldn't afford a taxi to Greenwich from here!" she retorted.

"Good. I thought you'd still be here somehow." Ricky closed his eyes as he spoke.

"And why's that?" Rosie edged herself closer to him. 

"Rosie, I have full recollection of last night and what you were doing to me."

Rosie giggled, "Sorry!"

Ricky moved his head back to get a better look at her. "Never, ever apologise for that!" He squirmed as Rosie's finger traced it's way up over his chest.

"Are you ticklish?"  Rosie asked,  seeing his reaction.

"No. Are you?" As quick as a flash, Ricky lifted himself off of the bed and was suddenly above Rosie, his knees either side of her thighs.

Rosie giggled loudly, squeezing her arms to her side for fear of being tickled.

"No!" she lied.

"We'll see about that!" Ricky's hands were at once all over Rosie as she cried out laughing.

But Ricky's movements changed as suddenly as they had begun and being unable to resist, Ricky lowered his face to Rosie's and kissed her. He pulled the sheet over them as he moved his body to once again fit Rosie's perfectly.

Ricky had gone up to his own house to shower and change around midmorning. Rosie had taken a shower and was getting dressed when she heard her phone buzz with a notification. She walked into the living room to find in abandoned on the floor next to her shorts. Rosie smiled, remembering how it had got there, as she picked it up. The smile soon disappeared when she saw the message was from Lee.