Festival

Thank you to those who continue to read and enjoy my story. Glad you wanted another chapter tonight. I didn't want to wait!

Rosie stood waiting at the window. Carrie had said she'd be there to collect her by nine thirty, but not wanting to take any chances, Rosie was stood there by nine.

She hadn't told Lee where she was going and had ignored his phone calls since she'd last spoken to him. He'd taken the hint and thankfully hadn’t turned up at Rosie's house,  knowing she'll have probably have calmed down by next week.

Thursday hadn't been a good day. The decision she had made so rashly on Wednesday afternoon had been thrown in the air and batted around her brain the whole day.  She'd tried to occupy her mind searching for her wellies and packing and unpacking her rucksack,  but all thoughts came back to the same thing. Should she really be going?

Having thought about the fact that the festival would be far from a little soiree for two, Rosie had convinced herself that she needn't come into any contact with anything to do with Ricky; she could spend Saturday night in the tent if necessary. It didn't mean that she couldn't have fun the rest of the time. And that is what she  intended to do.

Rosie was right to have been ready early as Carrie appeared outside her home before nine.  As Rosie locked up, Carrie was excitedly picking up her belongings and loading them into the car. "I'm so glad you decided to come Rosie!  You've met Lottie haven't you?" The passenger window was wound down and a further excited face appeared wiggling her fingers at Rosie and saying hello. Rosie smiled and waved back.

"Yes of course." Rosie hadn’t actually known who the other member of the group was going to be, but was happy to see it was one of Carrie's friends she got on with.

"I can't wait to get there. I'm hoping we get a good camping spot, but if the traffic is bad we can kiss goodbye to that!" Rosie jumped in the back,  happy to have so much space to herself. "We've got a four man tent," Carrie went on. "Hopefully that will be big enough for all of us."

"I don't intend to spend much time in it myself!"  Lottie giggled looking back at Rosie. "Who are you looking forward to seeing?"  she asked,  her eyes sparkling with excitement. Rosie noticed Carrie looking at her in the rear view mirror. She felt her cheeks reddened,  knowing Carrie had a particular group in mind, but Rosie looked away from the enquiring eyes.

"No one in particular.  I'm just happy to be getting away for a break." She looked out over Blackheath as they headed towards the A2 and then the road to hell that was the M25.

The journey passed mostly without a hitch. There had been the one moment when Rosie was suddenly woken from a quick nap when she felt herself slide across the back seat as Carrie swerved to miss a car that had pulled out in front of them. They'd pulled into the services to get Carrie a sweet tea for the shock of nearly having her car written off, but after Lottie and Rosie had calmed her down they were back on the road again; though admittedly a little slower.

Carrie had got the camping field she had hoped for and dumping their things on the surprisingly dry ground, they began setting up camp. Carrie had brought a flag type affair for the top of their tent as a point of reference.

Once settled and after a drink or two to get them in the party mood, the three girls made their way over to the main site.

By the end of the night Rosie could not deny she was having a fantastic time. They stayed towards the back of the crowd at the main stage, giving themselves plenty of room to dance around to bands they had not heard of and those who they were more than familiar with. Spring Kings, Blossoms, Catfish and The Bottlemen and finally Chase and Status left them on an ultimate high by the end of the first evening. And true to her word, Lottie didn't return to the tent that night with Rosie and Carrie, having wanted to hunt down some more fun when all the other two had wanted to do was crawl in to their sleeping bags.