Satin and Lace

Ricky moved away an inch, his eyes searching her face for some hint as to if what they were doing was right.

"Ok?" he whispered. Rosie nodded and they continued. His fingers were as entwined within her hair as their tongues were in each others mouths. She felt his need for her as she felt overwhelmed by desire for him. Ricky turned Rosie so that she was now against the wall. She leant, lifting her leg and rubbing it between Ricky's as the softness of his lips contrasted to the roughness of his beard against her face.

There eventually began to slow their momentum as they both realised that now was neither the time nor the place for what they both actually wanted. Ricky stepped back as Rosie straightened down her skirt, both giving each other nervous looks, the significance of what they wanted to happen playing on their minds.

"Are you alright?" Ricky asked her, his hand stroking at his face. Seeing her smile, he knew she was. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be!" she insisted, "Don't be sorry for anything." Rosie raised her own hand to his face. "I just wish I didn't have work in the morning." She laughed nervously and feeling Ricky's fingers under her chin, he raised her face and give her a gentle kiss, more controlled and composed than what had gone before.

"Sunday?" he asked hopefully.

"I'll ring you," she saw the disbelievingly look in his eyes. "I'll ring you," she repeated, "I promise." A final kiss and they stepped back out to the traffic of Brick Lane.

"Would you like me to take you home?" Ricky offered. Rosie would have liked nothing more. "Just to make sure you get home safely," he explained, not wanting her to think he had any alternative reason.

Rosie knew that if he took her home, the night would be become something else; a step too far possibly.

"Thank you, but no. I'll be fine." Ricky held both her hands, swinging his arms slightly.

"I'll walk you to the station at least."

The evening was sticky. Rosie removed her coat, clinging to it with one hand whilst the other held Ricky's. They walked in comfortable silence and arriving at the station, Rosie felt sick at the thought of having to leave him.

"Ring me. Anytime. Just ring. If I don't answer, leave a message telling me when I can ring you. Promise me?"

Rosie nodded, placed a hand on his cheek and kissed his lips. She moved back from him, hoping he hadn't noticed the sadness she was feeling. "I promise. Goodnight Ricky." And with that, she disappeared down the steps into the station.

Rosie had texted Ricky a number of times during her ride home, updating him on were she was and thanking him for a special evening.

At school the following day, her good mood had not gone unnoticed by Carrie, who questioned her at playtime on the possible reasons for this apparent joy.

"This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain front man?" she asked as she'd appeared in Rosie's classroom on the search for the most illusive item in a school, a glue stick. She was willing to trade, but Rosie being in the mood she was, just went to her cupboard, grabbed and gave over a handful.

"It might do. We met up last night," Rosie's face broke out into a look of excitement and shyness at her announcement, as Carrie gave a shriek.

"Oh Rosie! Do I detect love in the air?" Carrie swooned around the table.

"No, nothing like that. I hardly know the man. He's just...lovely!" she smiled.

"Good on you! No point being miserable all your life."