Contest #7 Results

I am so sorry that this was not out when I expected it to be. I was unable to post the winners, though I had chosen them. Now, I am on spring break and am able to spend more time with figuring out was wrong and getting it out.

Results

I received so many submissions for this contest and I was able to narrow down to top 4, though it was very hard to let other submissions go. As the top 4 were so close in my opinion, there will not be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th winners because I cannot choose. There is nothing in particular that makes me think one is better than the other, since they are all different lengths and styles of poetry.

Each winner will receive: 10 votes, 5 comments, a follow and can help give me ideas to consider for the next contest.

Winners please contact me to tell me the books you would like me to vote and comment on.

The winners are:

MeekoReads

Oakroad13

SparklingGarbage8

hogwartsclassof2014

Here are either their full poems or part of their poem:

MeekoReads submitted a short, to the point poem, yet leaves you thinking.

It is titled Sorrow and Pain.

"My pain and sorrow will crochet itself in my heart

Taking away my happiness, bit by bit

So I never show my sorrow and pain

It's on the inside

Until we scar our bodies,

a call for help without words"

Oakroad13 submitted two beautiful pieces and you can find them in their book titled Contest Entries.

These are the beginning of each poem:

"Shadows dance throughout the night, they always seem to escape the light.

Darkness falls and waters rise, you always stay right by my side.

Unopened books and untold lies, stories waiting to arise."

"Darkness surrounds me like a quilt, hot and heavy down to my feet.

The sound of the thunder threatens to drown me. Lightning pulses to an irregular beat."

SparklingGarbage8's piece was definitely one of my favorite poems for this contest.

The poem was beautifully written, I don't know how to put into words.

Here is a part from her poem:

"Watching the shadows dance in the streetlight,

Suddenly the road goes black,

Illuminated only by our headlights,

And my mind starts to drift back

Back to a better time,

Back to a better place in my life,

Back to you"

Hogwartsclassof2014 submitted a piece with a different perspective on the topic of sorrow. It is titled Trapped in Eternity and can be found in their book called Confessions of a Writer

Here is a bit of their poem:

"The sand still runs,

The hands aren't still

So if it cannot be

Write this as my last will"

It was so hard narrowing down to these top 4 and I believe this was the best round of submissions in this contest so far. Thank you to all that submitted!!