Contest #3 Results

As I received plenty of submissions, there will be third, second and first place. I had such a hard time choosing the winners but I've narrowed it down, finally. Thank you to all that submitted there weren't any poems that I disliked, as they were all beautifully written. 

~

Third will receive 5 votes and a follow if they wish. 

Second will receive 7-10 votes and a follow if they wish.

First will receive 15-20 votes and a follow. 

~

Here are the winners!!!

In third place: smallbobinc

Here is a part from their poem.

"Careful, you might cut yourself

On the sharp edges of my heart"

~

In second place: 23s_Gal

Here is a part of her piece titled "Shattered Heart."

"A broken heart is nothing pretty.

It's not listening to sad music.

Writing sad stories."

~

Finally, in first place: SparklingGarbage8

Here is the poem titled  "Life Sucks."

Do you know why we say "I fell in love" instead of simply "I'm in love"?

Because when something falls, it usually breaks.

Now, there's the special case, where someone falls in love, and it doesn't end in eventual heartbreak.

Unfortunately, most of us aren't that lucky.

We give away the things that make us whole, to someone that makes us feel whole times infinity.

Then they get careless, and drop our hearts, crushing our souls.

And sometimes, they let us down easy, but that feels like someone rejecting us all together.

But the worse break of all is when someone takes your heart, and keeps it. You patiently await for them to extend this courtesy to you.

And, then they leave, with your heart still in grasp, while collecting as many hearts as they can.

Then, there's the part where you can actually feel yourself breaking, grasping for breath because pieces of your shattered heart have pierced your lungs.

And finally, when all the crying stops, and you start to breath, and your knees feel steady. You stand up, look yourself in the mirror, and laugh at your own pathetic ways.

Because after all, heartbreak is a part of life, and we already knew life sucks.

~

Great job to all that submitted!!!

I will be putting out the next contest later today incase you are planning to submit. :)