"May I ask you something?" this time it was me who asked. "Go on" he replied. "Is it because of this matter that your father and you don't get along well?" Slowly, a few raindrops were falling, indicating that we should hurry back home if we don't want to get wet.

"Well, partly. We never got along in first place. Except you, he is the only one who knows; after all, someone had to know since I didn't know how to handle situations like this three years ago. This just made everything much worse, and now, I haven't seen him for a few months now and intend on not seeing him for the time being too" Right at that moment, we reached out apartments and we bid our good night's and walked inside. I didn't know why, but that night, I slept incredibly well, having completely forgotten what day tomorrow would be.

The next day, I was sitting in my class, playing with my fingers as I patiently and nervously waited for the teacher to call out my name. "Mina?" I heard and I stood up. "Yes" I can't believe that I had forgotten that we would be getting our exams today. I walked to the teacher, received the exam and he patted me on my back. Is that supposed to mean that I did good? Or is that him wishing me a good luck on my retake exam?

I took a deep breath and looked at it. "Mina, you're the second best of this class! Congratulations." I heard my neighbor say as she looked at my exam along with me. "Thank you" I said as I smiled at her. "How did you do?" I asked and she looked at me white a happy expression. "I managed to pass. I did better than last time"

I wonder how Jonghyun, Daisy and Jae Wan did. In the lunch break, I walked to the cafeteria, bought pasta and sat at our usual table. All three of them entered, with talking and laughing about something I couldn't hear. As soon as they saw me, they joined me too. "Well, how was it?"

"I did better than usual, but not that good. I placed 7th" Daisy said and Jonghyun and Jae Wan left temporarily to buy something. "What about the boys?" I wondered. "I wondered how they managed to score so good. Jae Wan is second and Jonghyun first" For some seconds, I looked at her as if she was joking. "Jonghyun? First?"

I guess I voiced my opinion that loud that even Jonghyun, who was standing at the other side, had heard me, looked at me and I didn't fail to notice his smirk, which I wished I could wipe off now. Daisy laughed, both of not caring that everybody around us was boring holes through us and we continued our conversation about how I never expected him to be that good.

"So, getting to another matter, the prom night is coming up" she said and I rolled my eyes. "The most unnecessary thing in the world" I said and continued eating. "Talking about the prom night?" Jae Wan said after both finally came back. "Yes. I was wondering which of the boys, who have asked me to be their pair, I should select" she said. Well, Daisy was always popular among the boys, it was always the girls who created trouble for her, but since Jonghyun decided back her up, this problem has left a long time ago.

"Geez, don't consider them" Jae Wan said and Jonghyun and I shortly made eye contact, sharing knowing glances. Both of us were not stupid not to notice what was going on and in fact, Daisy was about to admit it to me, if not the boys had interrupted our conversation before we went to our camping trip. "What about you, Jonghyun?" Jae Wan said, changing topic. "Isn't it obvious?"

"What?" I wondered. "You are going with me" I gazed at him bewildered while he looked at me casually. "You didn't even ask me!" Suddenly, Daisy and Jae Wan stood up and packed their things up. "Where are you going?" I wondered but neither of them answered. Before leaving I heard Jae Wan utter, "Talk it out, we don't want to get involved. Couples these days"

"We are not together" I defended, but he just shook his head and the two of them walked away. "What's wrong with them?" I asked, but he just shrugged and continued eating. "As I was saying, I am not going with you" I stated. "I mean, you didn't even ask me, why should I?" I said, openly declaring what I wanted from him.

Suddenly, he laughed and smiled. "Fine, if you want it like this" The next second, he was standing on the table and clapped his hands while I pulled his legs, trying to get him down. "Today, I have to make an important announcement" he said, facing the students. By now every student was looking at us. "Rather than an announcement, it's a question to my dear Mina" I heard some squeals coming from the girl's corner.

He turned around and faced me. "Will you be my date on the prom night?" I closed my eyes in embarrassment as I heard the excited noises coming from the crowd. "Accept, accept, accept" the crowd cheered. I looked at Jonghyun who rather looked at me amused and let out a sigh. "Fine"

The crowd clapped congratulated Jonghyun, while he didn't reply. "Let's go" he said, grabbed my hand and dragged me with him outside of the cafeteria. "Wow that was fun. I should do that more often" he said as we reached the school yard. "What was that?" I said as I freed my hand. "You told me to ask you properly"

"But not that way!" I voiced. He has been messing with me for too long now, but now it's time to pay back. I looked at him directly into his deep brown eyes and plastered a smile across my face. "The prom night will definitely be pleasing" I turned around and started walking to my next class as he followed me from behind. "You are definitely scheming something, but it's fine. It will be more amusing that way"

End of Chapter 20