Chapter 1

Nepeta's POV

Today started like every other day. I came running downstairs after getting dressed in my schools uniform.My school's uniform wasnt that strict the only mandatory thing was our shirts. The shirts were black and showed our zodiac sign. The zodiacs color was based off the grade you got on a standardized test we took in the beginning of the year. The test was very difficult so the more common colors were rust and bronze. The best one you can get is fusha which only the top student will get. Mine was olive green which was good considering the difficulty of the test. Other than my shirt I was wearing a pair of jeans ,my usual green jacket, and my blue cat hat. When I made it down the stairs I noticed that Terezi was already sitting at the table. We've made the habit of meeting up at my house for breakfast. "Hey Terezi you look pawsitively furrtastic." "Th4nks! You to, 4nd the food sm3lls gr34t 3qu1us" After that we ate the toast Equius so kindly made for us. We continued to to causally talk as we finished breakfast and walked to the bus. When we got to the bus stop you could here the bus turn into the neighborhood infront of ours telling us we had 5 minutes to wait.So we went to our usual spot under the big oak tree and sat down. " So Terezi have you been talking to Dave lately?" Dave was the new kid in school who Terezi had taken a liking to. "Y4. M3 4nd th3 cool k1d h4v3 b33n t4lk1ng 4 lot. 4nd th3 color h3 us3s to typ3 1n 1s r3d!" Terezi was blind and was able to taste and smell colors and other things as a different way of seeing. Red was her favorite to smell and taste. "Well you should sit with him on the bus today then" I told her "But won't you b3 4lon3?" "No I can sit next to Karkitty." "Oh K4rk4t?" She asked in the way that hinted she knew about my intentions. She had know about my crush on Karkitty ever since it formed. She and Karkat had a thing when we were 13 but they decided to stick to being friends. Terezi had always been ok with me liking him and even tried to help get us together.

            After a few more minutes of talking the bus was here. The bus came squealing to a stop and the smell of gasoline filled air.