Chapter 19

Nepeta's POV

I was leaning up against Karkat as we waited in line for the churros and couldnt help but giggle to myself. Karkat , obviously still fluster about it, called me his girlfurend and it didnt feel awkward or furced it seemed to come out naturally. I moved as close as pawsible to him and he tightened his arm around me and it was wonderful, absolutely wonderful.

----------huge time skip to Monday at school----------

We were at lunch at our normal table, I was sitting next to Karkat both of us sharing earbuds and sing along together. Everyone was talking and laughing about the weekend and jokes or about the last class. Some listening to Karcat and I as we sang, not to well I might say, and snapping our fingers while swaying back and furth bumping into each as we began to fall out of sync with one another.

"Everything I do is bittersweet mew could tell me secrets that id purrobably repeat."

I looked at him and dramatically point in his direction and he picked up,
"Im not tryin to hurt you I just love to speak."

And together we put our backs together as we did the ending

"It feels like we're pullin teeth so bittersweet

(it feels like we're pullin teeth) so bittersweet

It feels like were pullin teeth so bittersweet."

As soon as we were finished we turned back and looked at each other bursting into laughter along with the rest of the table who witnessed us dramatically sing along trying to hit the high notes.

Karkat through his left arm around me and pulled me close as we were still laughing. I leaned against him as he kissed the top of my head and held his head there as the next song began and we softly whispered it together. It was the favorite song of us both, Always by Panic! at the Disco, I remember the day I showed it to him and he immediately fell in love with it like me even if it wasnt the genre of music he listened to the most. Even when we were just friends it had been our song and us being together didnt change that. Whenever one of us was going through anything the other would rush over to their house with movies, books, food and their iPod and theyd play the song while holding the other. Even if it was just a song it was there when I went through a really bad break up, when Karkat began to slip into depression from what happened to Gamzee and at the same time his mom tried to reconnect to his dad and him after being diagnosed with cancer, and it had always brought the other purrson with it. Thats what the song was, it was the light that allowed them to find the other person when they were surrounded by darkness. Even if that sounds cheesy as could be it was true and always would be.

When it finished I looked up at him and said

"Mewr such a nerd Karkitty."

He looked down at me and replied with a smile
"Shut up. If anyone would be the the nerd itd be you."

I smiled a wide grin as I replied

"Ya mewr right I am smarter than mew."

Then started to laugh as he looked down slighty confused until he had the moment of realization. He wrapped both arms around me and pulled me closer as he took his right arm away from my waist and up to my head rustling my hair around in a playful manner.

"Thats right. Your my little nerd."

I was laughing as he smiled wickedly.

"Karcat stop ,hahaha, dude no stop mew cant injure mewr nerd, dude mewr gunna break my head."

I began to push away and he let go still smiling then he looked at the top of my head and burst out laughing. I patted at the top of my head and realized my hair was standing up in a wild mess. I looked at the laughing boy and punch him in the shoulder , not upset, and said