20. Back On Track

• Dedicated to Everyone that reads, votes or comments on this! xo

One Week Later

I was driving to pick up the kids from Jai's house when my phone rang. I didn't look to see who it was, but I answered it and put it on Bluetooth.

"Hello?" I said.

"What are you doing? I want to hang out." Lukes voice rang through the speakers.

"What do you want?" I chuckled. He obviously wanted something, he wouldn't just ask me to hang out because he was "bored" or whatever.

He laughed before he spoke. "Well, I need you to bring, Beau, James, Daniel and I some food. We don't have a car because my car is in the shop right now."

"Why don't you ask your brother?"

"I did, and he's busy." he said.

What in the world could he be busy with? He doesn't have the kids tonight.. Whatever, it's not my business.

"Fine." I sighed, "After I pick up the twins I'll be over to collect your money cause I'm not paying for this shit." I laughed.

"Awesome!!! Thank you so much!" he said before hanging up.

I shook my head and chuckled, as I pulled in the driveway of what used to be my house as well.

It's crazy how much things have changed in just a week. *sigh* I got out of the car, walked to the door and knocked.

I didn't hear anyone as I waited for about a minute so I just walked in to only hear the muffled sound of a TV from afar.

I wandered back to Jai's room and saw him standing there, hiding his hands behind his back, grinning like a crazy person.

I laughed nervously, "Uhm, what are you doing?"

He smiled and walked closer to me. He pulled his hands from behind him and he was holding a rolled up poster board.

"I wanted to say sorry." he said, as I unrolled the poster.

I looked at the various photos he had glued to this piece of poster paper. I smiled really wide as I scanned over all of them.

This one picture stood out the most, I looked closer to see that it was only from one week ago. That night. I didn't even know this picture was even snapped.

I was sitting next to Jai, talking to Beau while Jai was smiling at me. You can practically see the love oozing out of his facial features. The way his eyes sparkled and lit up when he looked at me was unreal.

I could feel a lump in my throat, so I swallowed it and tried to blink rapidly so tears wouldn't fall.

I looked at some other pictures from when we were younger like, at school doing the normal 15 year old hugging thing that teenagers do, but I saw a picture that almost made my heart jump out of my chest. We were at a park and I was swinging while Jai was sitting on the swing next to me.

That was one of the best days of my life. I was just so happy with him that I will never forget it. He sang to me for the first time that day, at that park, on those swings. That was the first day he told me that he loved me and I said it back. That was the beginning of our future and I never wanted to let that memory go.

Underneath all of the photos was a note, it read:

Andrea,

I know I messed up badly, but I can't picture my life without you again.. EVER. You are the only girl I want- need. You have helped me through rough times, and you didn't even know it. Just talking to you makes me forget about anything bad that has ever happened to me.