Chapter 10

I was in class. Adrian was sitting a few rows across from me. I felt so awkward and scared with him so close to me.

The teacher was still preaching about the world war, when the bell rang. Immediately the class began packing their stuff. The teacher quickly left, too; probably needed the bathroom.

Everyone made their way out until there were just three students left; Adrian, me and The Girl With Blue Hair.

I didn't dare look at him. I just looked at my feet but I felt him walk up to me.

I looked up and saw him, right there, with puffy eyes and a hurt look on his face. I was afraid, but I knew there was someone there to witness whatever he did to me.

"You broke up with me." he said.

"Adrian, I did it for both of us-"

"You said I was violent." He was starting to cry. He dropped his bag onto the desk and reached inside it.

The Girl With Blue Hair walked next to us to leave the classroom. It happened so quickly.

Adrian's arm grabbed The Girl and his other arm was out of the bag, holding a gun.

The Girl grabbed the gun but he took hold of her hand and pointed it to her head.

"Is this what you meant, Lyra? Is this why you don't love me?" he cried.

"Just put the gun down; she has nothing to do with this!" I shouted. My heart was racing. There was a gun. I didn't know what to do. He could make her pull the trigger any time.

"Calm down, Adrian... It's okay; we'll talk this through..." The Girl said. Her voice was soothing and calm, like she'd done this before.

"Shut up!" he shouted, pushing the gun closer to her head.

"Adrian, please!" I screamed. I was sobbing. "Don't do this!"

"I don't want to but you won't listen to me unless I go to extremes!" he shouted.

"Please put the gun DOWN!" I screamed.

"You're... Not... LISTENING TO ME!" he screamed. His face went red. His hands grew tight around the gun.

The Girl With Blue Hair realised that there was no way of getting out of this. "Please, no!" she cried, begging for mercy.

"ADRIAN, STO-"

BOOM!

The sound echoed through the empty hallways throughout the school.

Her body fell, limp, onto the tiles and the gun dropped beside her.

Everything went eerily silent.

Even I was quiet in rage, fear and shock. I looked down at the body.

Her eyes were drained of life. Her heart had stopped beating. Her blue hair was spread behind her.

Her blood was splattered all over the wall. A few drops landed on my face.

I looked to Adrian who, too, had been staring at the body. He did the only thing he knew; he ran. He ran out of that classroom faster than lightning. He left me there with the corpse of the innocent Girl With Blue Hair.

The teacher came running into the classroom, exasperated. "What happe-"

As he saw the body on the floor, I realised that I couldn't tell the truth. No matter what Adrian did to me, I still loved him with all my heart.

The teacher looked up to me for answers. I burst into tears.

"Sh-she... She killed herself."