19

"How could she be so stupid?" The eldest Winchester spun from where he stood, fists clenched so tightly his knuckles had been white for the past hour. From when he saw that miraculous brunette stood face-to-face with hell's biggest demon to now, swearing at Sam and Bobby. "How could she possibly think-"

"Maybe she thought-"

"Maybe she wasn't thinking at all, Sam." His brother looked at him with a levelled gaze, full of rage and warning that if he said a little to much he may just snap right then and there.

"Maybe this isn't that bad-maybe she-"

"Sammy!" Dean threw his fists out with a deep and menacing grunt, hissing at his brother and his green eyes-now significantly darkened- burrowed into his younger brother.

"Oh give over, Boy." Bobby singer walked in, placing his tumbler on a desk and grunting out between split lips. He looked up from lidded eyes and continued to let out low sighs in disregard-once again finding himself overly frustrated with the situation the Winchester's had brought him in to. It was always worse when he cared about the person in question. "She was saving your life you ungrateful bastard." Placing his fore finger and thumb to the bridge of his nose, he made a low hiss and looked up at the Winchester completely boiling with anger while he sat down roughly in the nearest seat.

"She made a deal with Crowley!" Dean roared, looking at the two in disbelief-was he being irrational? "She made a deal with Crowley." Neither of them said a word, Sam looked at the papers on the desk beside him, suddenly finding a new interest in the crumbled sheets and his hand sieved through them aimlessly. Bobby on the other hand, like always, stood his own ground with an incredulous stare and his brows pulled together.

The hunter remained silent, allowing Dean to continue because he was gradually finding himself more aggravated the more they spoke. "She went without us! She went without me!-" Dean was no longer looking at anyone or anything, he scanned the eyes of his brother, of Bobby, over the ornaments around the living area; over the empty cans and glasses, the discarded candles and spell books from before when they had left to find Stevie and he couldn't seem to catch his breath at all. The Winchester opened and closed clenched fists, grinding his teeth with bright eyes almost and impossibly black. "That stupid-how the hell does she think she can take care of herself when she does things like this!"

Bobby cocked an eyebrow and looked at the glass in his hands. He sat swirling the liquid with a click of his tongue and let the Winchester spit his words over him. Bobby could feel Dean's anger building like pressure pushing in on all of them and the entire room suddenly felt suffocating. Dean looked at the older man with widening eyes, enraged no one was even taken him on. If they didn't feel the same, fine-he didn't expect them too. He loved her. He loved her so much and so intensely he was starting to believe that if she was killed, he'd feel it and some how he'd fall to the floor lifeless too even if he was on the other side of the world. Even so, that didn't explain why no one else was so mightily pissed off about what she had done. After everything they'd been through and she'd just gone and thrown it all away. When they were so damn close.  "She's-she's-"

He didn't know what to say, he circled himself and looked at his brother, struggling to make eye contact with him like a dog and it's superior, Dean looked at the wall, at the ceiling and still he remained speechless. Raking his brain for the right words-any words-just to make this asphyxiation go away. "She sold her soul, she made a deal-she's killed herself!-"

"She saved you!" A slamming spread through and jolted the Winchester. Dean felt an unexpected shock shudder his body and he was silent. His lips pressed in a hard thin line and at the noise he had even taken a step back, leaving him wide-eyed and almost beneath the man balling at him metres away. Bobby singer slammed his fists onto the desk he sat at, his glass down and spilling at the impact as it jumped against the wood. "She saved you god-dammit! She saved all of us." He continued to roar; a deep and loud roar that Dean had never expected. He felt like he was helpless, young, and John was alive again. He felt shocked and practically frightened as he stared at the man spitting, shouting at him. "She's stopped the apocalypse, she's stopped Lucifer and she did the bravest thing she could! She saved you."

Bobby ran a hand through his beard with a ragged breath, collecting himself and slightly savouring Dean's momentary loss of words. "She's saved us all and all you're doing is hating her for it. Who is that going to help?"
Dean still didn't answer, he shifted but remained silent. "Hmm?" He said nothing. "You wanted her to be safe and she is. And she will be for another seven years. That's a miracle Dean and you know it. You're throwing it away."

"But-"

"Hunter's die early. You know that, be thankful she's been given time. She could die tomorrow and you'd blame yourself for it so what on Earth are you mopin' for?" Bobby stood, mumbled something in yet another grunt, picked up his whiskey and stormed past the Winchester. Who presently, was still stood in the exact same position, expressionless and his eyes still in the same place where Bobby had been sat.

There was a silence and after a good few minutes, green eyes found the power to move and pulled themselves to his brother. Sam parted his lips, breathing out and shrugging knowing he wasn't giving his brother what he wanted to hear. "You left her, Dean."

Sam's words were meek and fragile but the truth in them seemed to make Dean's eyes instantly glassy. Sam knew Dean had looked at him for some kind of support, to make him feel that Bobby's undoubtable truth wasn't as clear-cut as they both knew it was. Stevie had fucked up, but so had Dean-incredibly. Dean realised this when Sam spoke again, a good few minutes after when he found the time to stand and shove his hands in the back pockets of his jeans. "You left her on her own and God knows where she is now."

Dean grunted as a feeling swelled in his stomach: regret, anxiety and fear all burning up his throat. "She wouldn't have left, she wouldn't have-"

"She probably thought you wouldn't have either."

---
Author's note
Published the next chapter for my Sherlock Fanfiction and I hope you guys like the newest chapter for this! We're nearing the end of this book and I'm hoping you've all enjoyed it so far. There are still about 5 or 6 more chapters though so do not worry!