16

The two hunters lay together in the motel room between crumpled sheets and the brunette's head resting on the oldest Winchester's bare chest. Dean lay with one hand behind his head, the other playing and tangled within the girl's messy hair, her face nuzzled and looking up at him with tired eyes.

"I don't want to move." Stephanie mumbled against him and Dean laughed a little kissing her head,

"Then don't." Both sets of eyes launched to the door of their room as they heard rustling and the pair soon had a change of heart. Both of them jumped to their feet grabbing at their clothes and shoving them on as quickly as possible. The door opened to a sheepish looking Sam Winchester who just stood with his eyes-wide and his mouth open. Dean Winchester was halfway through buckling his belt and Stevie stood in her red underwear, her burgundy shirt lopsided on her shoulders and it's long sleeves twisted. She was pulling one boot on as he walked in, pausing bashfully and looking at the door startled and balancing on one leg. "You dick." Dean grumbled towards his brother, pulling on his shirt in one swift action while Stevie took an extra moment to watch his muscles flex as he did so. She hummed subconsciously, that warmth appearing back in her stomach and upon hearing the sound, Dean took the time to turn, wink and then regain his pissed-off composure.

"I-" Sam attempted to start an apology of some kind but got lost in his brother's aggravation and Stevie's half naked body. His eyes accidentally trailing from her ankles to her wild eyes, puffing out air as he did so. Dean pulled the brown grease-stained bag from his awkward grip and continued to grumble in his irritation, opening the bag of food and eating it without even looking what it was.

Something hit Sam Winchester on the shoulder at this point and the younger hunter placed his hand over his upper left arm and in an offended 'ow'. Dean Winchester had thrown two magazines rolled together from the small motel table he sat at, scowling at his brother with a hand pointed and extended to him in warning with his mouth half-full.

"You dare." He grunted disapprovingly and Sam turned his back on Stephanie Cale with heated cheeks.

"Oh." Stevie laughed nervously, looking down caught off guard and briefly forgetting she wasn't dressed. She bundled up her clothing and pulled it on quickly, catching eyes with her Winchester and the pair laughed awkwardly.
Dean cursed and when Stephanie looked back at him once more with worried eyes from pulling in her leather boots, he just shook his head. Dean sighed, disappointed at the disappearing skin of the brunette across the room. God dammit, Sammy.

"So, where we headed?" Sam inquired, attempting to cough away the embarrassed tension blooming within the room.

"Anywhere without demons and leviathans."
Stevie chimed, jumping back towards the brothers with her jeans now up and fastened, shoes back on and top sorted out, marching with childish enthusiasm. The pair looked at each other, scoffed and Stevie shrugged, giggling, "Wishful thinking?"

Dean Winchester couldn't help but smile the entire journey. Despite the increase in demons, Lucifer, the gates of hell and everything else. He was beaming. Stevie sat next to him and his hand rested on her thigh as they drove down the interstate, singing and bobbing her head to the 70's rock music playing through the Impala. Continuously, Dean stole glances at the female behind him, the sun framing her scarred face so perfectly. When she first returned, a year after the worst day of his life, Stevie was only Stevie in brief moments-she was someone else in between. But now? His Stephanie Cale was rubbing his hand with her delicate fingertips.

"I vote Cas." Sam said suddenly, leaning between the two front seats. "We need to figure out how to close these gates."

Stevie chimed in agreement, turning to the male behind her, "There must be a way, I mean, if it can open, it can close." She looked between the two brothers, her eyebrows furrowing, "-right?" Dean sighed, turning off the road.

"We don't have any other options really."

"Well-" Sam started and shook his head, "No actually. We don't."

"See, university does help a hunter a bunch, Sammy! I've been wrong this whole time." Stephanie prodded the younger brother playfully and Dean chuckled, patting her thigh in approval.

~~~
Author's note
Sorry this chapter is so short but bare with me because things are about to go down (again)
Crowley, Cas, Lucifer, the whole gang is arriving so let's just pretend this doesn't feel like a filler.