10

"Cas." Stephanie squeaked, her gaze unwavering as she took two steps forward, hooking her arm around the Angel who just remained very confused, his feeling written all over his face.

"Stephanie wha-" She pulled him to the window, jerking his body as he came with her, the force causing her to wince slightly with the arm she had recently dislocated. The two brothers remained stood where they were until Sam raised an eyebrow, looking down at the towel and back up with an awkward glance, his eyes darting everywhere but his brother.

"Lucifer-"

"What?"

"Lucifer." The brunette said again, her tone slightly aggravated for a moment, her jaw momentarily setting. "He's behind Dean he-" Her voice had composed itself, soft and now a whisper. Just as she had found the words to say what she needed, to the one person who could truly help, the devil made his was across the room. How he got to her so quick, Stephanie didn't know but he was by her side, circling her like a predictor does its prey and Castiel could sense this, the way her face changed and her figure grew rigid.

"I'm presuming he is no longer beside Dean?"
Stevie nodded, biting her lip.

"Cas!" Lucifer commented, whooping with his fist in the air in enthusiasm. "Long time no see!" The blonde dragged out his words and folded his arms, standing now as if connected to Stevie's side sending a cold and unwelcome shiver sparking up her body.

Cas didn't say another word but placed his hand on her forehead, lifting his wrist so his fingers softly leant against her head.
Unknowingly, her eyes slipped shut and a familiar fuzzy feeling spread through her, the pain she hadn't realised was causing her discomfort disappeared. Stevie had become accustomed to the pain numbing parts of her body, it being there since the first night she remembered back on earth. So now, as Cas banished it, she felt an unknown weight be lifted from her. The angel hissed, his hand snapping back. When Stevie opened her eyes, she still felt the presence of the devil at her side and as her eyes briefly flickered to her right, he flashed her a grin.

Cas didn't speak, he just let his forehead crease until he looked up and instead of seeing the brunette hunter who's face was no longer an odd mix of bruised colours but fresh and reenergised-almost glowing; he saw the brother he had wished so hard to dismiss.

"Lucifer." Castiel, bewildered, still found the strength to state his name without a care. In Stephanie's defence, Cas was more experienced to his presence than she was. Like a hologram, Lucifer disappeared from Cas's sight but remained as ever visible to Stevie. "I-" Cas shook his head, suggesting they sit down, this time including the Winchester brothers as he spoke but of course, all three of them dismissed him and continued to stand. "It's like Lucifer is using you as a vessel but-not your body." The brothers exchanged a look, Dean still undressed.

"He's real?" Cas glared, questioning Dean's knowledge.

"Of course he is Dean." Dean sighed, nearly growling.

"He's here?" He re-stated and Castiel shrugged muttering 'I don't understand.' but nodded, looking back at the increasingly pale brunette.

"You're damaged, but not physically. Lucifer found he could use you as a vessel and I presume, to drive you out of it, so he could use your body until he found another." The hunters sighed, Stevie found her balance didn't remain much longer and she resulted to sitting down.
They all knew Sam was Lucifer's true vessel, from the first apocalypse they had all experienced, separated and unknowing.
It was only when they were reunited and they discussed past events they found out information such as this, so it wasn't a surprise that Lucifer may have chosen Stevie if this were all true.  Sam was caring, almost too much. If Stevie was broken by Lucifer, her mind turning into a cage of torture more than it had already become, Sam would offer to take the pain, without a second thought. As would Dean but considering Sam is the true vessel, Lucifer's plan would have the capability to force him to agree. Deranged black mail.