Nineteen: Outcasts in Reality

New chapter!  Yay!  a lot of stuff goes down in this chapter. sorry if it seems rushed or anything, but I couldn't really figure out any other way to do it without dragging the story out another 2-3 chapters. Enjoy!

<3 XDee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My feet slowly turned until I realized where we were; the front of my house.  The street was empty and the sun was high; it was likely a weekday.  Adrian and Harlow stood beside us, staring around in wonder.  I took a step forward, eager to get back inside my house and show everyone around when two things stopped me; one, I didn’t have a key and two, a couple at the end of the street shouted my name.

Felix loosely held my hand as I stared in disbelief.  I’d only been gone for a few days, but it felt like a year!  Could it really be them?  Brock and Mackenzie, still meeting up at the end of my street in the hopes that I’d appear, much like I had just done?

“EZZIE???”

“Who is that?” Felix asked.

I grinned.  “Mackenzie!”

We took off down the road, racing for each other.  She stopped just short of me.  I didn’t and collided into my best friend’s arms.  We rolled around, laughing hysterically, until Brock cleared his throat.  I stood up and wrapped my arms around his waist for a tight hug.

“I missed you guys like crazy!” I exclaimed.

“Where have you been?” Brock asked.

“The police searched for you, but after a week they gave up!” Mackenzie said.  “And who are these people?  Where did you go?  I missed you so much, too!  You have no idea what life for us has been these last few months!  I’ve been admitted to the hospital twice, and those were just the times an adult caught me trying-“

“Wait, wait, wait.  What do you mean months?” I stopped her.

Brock looked at me like I was crazy.  “You’ve been gone for nearly five months, Ezzie.”

“Five... five months?!?” I turned towards Felix.  “Every day in Somnoria is a MONTH in Reality?!?!?!”

He shrugged.  “I’ve never known.  As I said, time in Somnoria isn’t like time here.  It goes based off of however long the individual needs it to go on for.”

“But, five months?!?” I paced.  “What did they say happened to me?”

Mackenzie sighed, running a hand through her ratty hair.  “Um, I don’t remember completely.  At first Tom said you ran away, then he started babbling on about how some dude showed up and kidnapped you.  He claimed to have put up a fight, but got knocked out or something.”

“Really it just looked like he ran headfirst into your wall,” Brock snorted.  “Seriously, Ez.  Where’ve you been?”

Felix laced his fingers with mine.  “With me.”

“And who are you?”

“Her fiance.”

My friends paused.  “I’m sorry, her what?”

“We are princes of Somnoria, a land where all story characters reside.  These lovely ladies at our sides are our future brides,” Adrian said proudly.

Mackenzie laughed.  “Wow.  And I thought I was high.  Where did you get your stuff, kid?”

“Stuff?” he looked at me for an explanation.