The glimpse

Oh no, oh no.
I rushed my sight quickly down back to my desk. I then jolted my head to look up again, but this time make it as if I was searching for someone I knew, as stupid as I looked I squinted my eyes, started tilting my head left, right  looking all the way around and across  the study area at random people. This will make it seem like i was busy searching for a specific 'someone', not looking at him. Once my eyes passed him, I figured he'd stopped looking at me and was back to his work. Phew.

It was 1:30 am right now, half an hour till my next English lecture. I hadn't taken much subjects, only English and psychology. Though it would be common sense to take more as it was only my first year of university. Being originally Italian, I had to move out my parents house all the way in Sicily in order to come here, to Oxford university. obviously, my English was already progressed because we lived in London when I was 4 and we moved back when I turned 17, which was only 3 years ago, and yes believe it or not I was an A straight student who had always just about scrapped the mark by the way. I've always dreamt of making it here, to the all known Oxford university and becoming an author or some sort of a psychology professor in a university.

I was kinda of a loner in all honesty. Being in a completely different environment made me not only feel like an alien, but friendless. All the friends i had in Sicily, well the only two friends i had Rosie and Mary, decided to stay study there.

I went sat into the bench outside, oxford had such a lovely garden,vibrant with colors from all the variety of plants and roses it grew. I got out my buttered honey sandwich, and a bottle of water, put my headphones in,not wanting to look like a loner of course and ate my small homemade lunch whilst looking around, appreciating the scenery around me.

I took a bite, and another one and the third bite was the moment i discovered Icarus was sitting on the entrance steps, with a cigar in between his fingers, smoking . Don't get me wrong, him smoking isn't a significant factor or aint even one, when it comes to his overall likeness.I guess maybe all the bad boys smoke, he didn't come off as one characteristically, but dress wise, he was rather stereotypically 'bad'. He wore eyeliner only ever so slightly in his eyes, id noticed when i first looked at him, his navy ripped jeans where pretty loose because you could see his belt, and just about, JUST, his briefs. He wore an all black hoodie, matching it in color was his tearing shoes, they resembled a typical pair of Dr martins, but a manly version.

When he'd finished his smoke, which was coincidentally the same time id finished my sandwich. He sat there for while looking around and daydreaming, guess we both can relate to 'being kinda loners' spectrum. He'd gotten up 20 minutes before our lecture and disappeared somewhere else. I stayed mainly at the bench, i did try to take a miniature walk but my floral sundress kept going all over the place, i barely wear dresses, even in the sun melting city of Sicily. I like to consider myself as a 'tomboy' usually, but i thought it's the first day so I better look nice and make a girly effort, plus I  excepted the British girls to look all fancy and posh, some did, but most of the girls I've seen so far just threw on a typical pair of jeans that was matched with a hoodie or a causal buttoned down top. It was exactly 2:00 am once I made a move to the lecture hall for English.